Notice period

I was made redundant 2 weeks ago, I too had a 3 month either way notice period as part of my contract (seems to be fairly common place in medical industries). The company are now paying me for the next 3 months whist I am free to go and do other work...which indeed I am now doing.

So i'm currently being paid by my last company whilst doing a short term ,well paid contract and lining up a new permament position as we type (already have an offer, just not sure I want the job yet)

So keep with it, it will no doubt eventually clear up and get you to better places.

When it works it works, but when it doesnt it can be a pain.

I was made redundant 2 weeks ago, I too had a 3 month either way notice period as part of my contract (seems to be fairly common place in medical industries). The company are now paying me for the next 3 months whist I am free to go and do other work...which indeed I am now doing.

So i'm currently being paid by my last company whilst doing a short term ,well paid contract and lining up a new permament position as we type (already have an offer, just not sure I want the job yet)

So keep with it, it will no doubt eventually clear up and get you to better places.

When it works it works, but when it doesnt it can be a pain.

Surprised you need to give 3 months notice. Do you get paid quaterly? Usually European law means you only need give the same notice as your paid, i.e. you get paid monthly you only need give 1 months notice. I know for a fact the Armed Forces have been caught out on this one a few times and been forced to compensate.

Back