NEW TI RALEIGH 753 40TH TDF ANNIVERSARY MODEL v.2

OK, I see we are descending pretty quickly here.
Retrobike is all about discussion of relevant topics, ideas, builds etc. This thread though, in one page is changing tone, we now have two Ferraris posted and quotes coming in that add not a lot.
Discussion is good and has been for about 17 pages but now it gets heated and goes off topic and opinionated very quickly. All I am saying, as devils advocate is keep it on topic and civil. :)

Jamie

Jamiedyer":21nn3irr said:
Retrobike is all about discussion of relevant topics, ideas, builds etc. This thread though, in one page is changing tone, we now have two Ferraris posted and quotes coming in that add not a lot.
Discussion is good and has been for about 17 pages but now it gets heated and goes off topic and opinionated very quickly. All I am saying, as devils advocate is keep it on topic and civil. :)

Jamie

The comparison with a a Ferrari GTO was to highlight the importance of getting an important iconic details correct.. with the Ferrari the Prancing Horse and Ti Raleigh its iconic Red, Yellow and Black livery. I can't see anything sinister or off topic about this...it's just a comparison... was I wrong to include a picture of car and not a bike..if that is somehow offensive then I apologize Jamie..

Re: Re:

Jamiedyer":bitf7icc said:
Catherine Neary?? At Universal Cycle centre is most likely the best I have seen and Dave has stocks of the original decals.

Jamie

I think you will agree that getting the alternatives to the new Ti 40 painted correctly is relevant and on topic and your suggestion is the best I've seen so far..so thank you Jamie... :)

imho, out of all the pictures you have posted the New Raleigh 40th has the worst decals when compared to the original. And that was one of the points first raised in the original thread, along with the other attempts at replicating the bike.

A lot of money for a poor copy, im sure you would agree.

Jamiedyer":134qnejn said:

Jamie
Yes,keep it on the mane topic lad's :facepalm: I'll get my coat. :oops:

Attachments

• DSC00473.JPG
    DSC00473.JPG
    306.5 KB · Views: 199
mk one":14y8so6s said:
imho, out of all the pictures you have posted the New Raleigh 40th has the worst decals when compared to the original. And that was one of the points first raised in the original thread, along with the other attempts at replicating the bike.

A lot of money for a poor copy, im sure you would agree.

I was considering purchasing the Team new frame but now agree that its overpriced and poorly designed and built so I want a nice restored original instead. I've seen this frame on eBay and it say it's restored to original Team spec...I would like to know what you guys think about it and whether it would be a good buy..
Many thanks VC. :)

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3299930729

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
This thread isn’t anywhere near festive enough....although it is starting to take on some of the best elements of Pantomime....

Dame Dyer walks on, stage left...

DD: “RetroBike a place for serious and thought provoking discussion”

Crowd shouts back...

C: “Oh no it isn’t....”

:xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin:

I was a potential customer, I wouldnt touch it with someone else' barge pole or pointy stick

I couldnt give two shits about decal placement, I saw the pictures and could in no way justify the price for such a shoddy frame

Heck, I have a Batavus Pro here that I could lavish a few hundred on to bring it up to a better standard

And I'm not even a member of the roadie 'Glitterarty' (although I am often rolled in glitter)

Re:

C: “Oh no it isn’t....”

:xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin:
"Oh yes it was!"

.I would like to know what you guys think about it
I see what you're doing there..

imho, out of all the pictures you have posted the New Raleigh 40th has the worst decals
Imo the one with the "tweaked 'A' " is worse. That 'A' just adds insult to injury.

Latest posts

Back