Left-hand crank for 89 LX

fourstringsisplenty

Dirt Disciple
That, really.

The one I just took off was cracked. Did I crack it taking it off? Only the baby Jesus knows.

Cash (well, numbers on a screen) waiting.

You beauty! I assume it's mountain LX, yes: crank from an 89 Muddy Fox. It just says Deore on the side. If you could add/PM a photo and price, that would be fab.

Re:

Can you send me a pic of it. If it says Deore on the side it’s likely not to be a Mountain LX one. Does it say MT60 on the reverse side ?

Re:

If it's the Muddy Fox in your other thread it's definitely a Deore/MT-60 crank you need, as the bike has the Deore II groupset. Unfortunately some of the castings can crack around the taper area on these cranks, as it's happened to me... generally they're pretty robust though.

You could always upgrade to M730 XT cranks as they're also period correct, and IMO less prone to the above issue being forged.

Hope this helps :)

Yes, it is the MF from my other post. The crank has cracked from the outside in, rather than from the taper out, and it’s not all the way, but I think it’s time to retire it.

The drive side came off OK, with a bit of persuasion, so I’d prefer to stick with the same groupset if I can find it.

BTW, thanks for all the info, @mynchiboy; I haven't been on Retrobike for ages, I’d forgotten what a great forum it is.

Is it a bird? Is it a plane??

No!!!

Its Left Hand Crank Man!!!!

175mm, November 1990

£9 posted :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 1751.jpg
    1751.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 180
  • 1752.jpg
    1752.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 180