ANOTHER change to emtb plans

Yeah, and the decals are nicer too.

If this is indeed the one(1 or 2) its getting a Hope purple makeover :D

They both look good. Personally I'd go for the cheaper one and add my own guards & rack. I think a hard tail is a wise choice too.

greencat":27yj6au7 said:
They both look good. Personally I'd go for the cheaper one and add my own guards & rack. I think a hard tail is a wise choice too.

Its a balance in costs with there being a difference of £151.
For that extra you obviously get the rack and guards, but also a pretty competent front and rear light, both wired directly to the main battery. I'm not sure I could get and fit(ie wiring in the lights) those as extras without incurring greater costs :?

If they did the AVENTURA² 6.9 with tan tyres I'd be right in there :LOL:

dyna-ti":cdxx2i44 said:
greencat":cdxx2i44 said:

Its a balance in costs with there being a difference of £151.
For that extra you obviously get the rack and guards, but also a pretty competent front and rear light, both wired directly to the main battery. I'm not sure I could get and fit(ie wiring in the lights) those as extras without incurring greater costs :?

If they did the AVENTURA² 6.9 with tan tyres I'd be right in there :LOL:

Ah hadn't spotted the lights. Yeah, that might swing it for me too. Why not ask the dealer if you can swap to the tan wall tyres? They can only say no.

Re:

Why not go for a lower down models, you've picked the highest in the range, if you're already looking to change things.

Do SR Suntour make decent forks now?

Either way you can test and try them, maybe even hire one for a bit?
Check the focus website etc

Why not go for a lower down models

Hisssss....Hissssss :x

Fraid not, i've never opted for the cheaper option, in anything. Ive always been a bit funny about this subject, and for some reason always looked to have the best, even on my low income :? Im just odd i guess.

And no suntour dont make great forks, or great anything. In fact the last decent thing they sold would have had 'Superb' at the end of it :LOL:

Actually on the fork market these days the tech has filters down, but reading the reviews on that model, which itself is considerably better than the usual suntour fitted fork, the rebound knob is pretty shite, but it will probably be a stopgap and I'll eventually pick something Fox or RS wise to replace it. Same with the brakes. Shimano m401 4 pot will be getting replaced with new hope tech 3 E4's.

But you're taking all the crap off and replacing it, the frames/batteries are the same (bar the infotainment system).
Even the amber tires are only 15 to 20 quid each.
M200 to M400 isn't a big change for the rest of it. (alivio to acera)
Gives you about 700 quid to play with on the upgrades ? on RRP.

This is quite bizarrely a nice looking bike frame, with crap* put on it to reach the price point. (think they've taken a leaf out of retro kona's ;-))

Can you buy a frame and motor only ?

Anyway, lets see what you're looking at next week ;-)

*not actually crap, it's decent stuff compared to old bike bits, but compared to your top end upgrades, it's crap.

Latest posts

Back