Ultimate Wet Weather Bike?

I'm surpised no-one has thought of one of these as the 'ultimate wet weather bike'?

15782930874398.jpg

Shout out to the WTB grease guard stuff (headset, hubs and bottom bracket iirc). Not to say that properly sealed bearings wouldn't last just as long, but at least with Greaseguard you knew you'd have no one to blame but yourself for not changing the lubrication every month/week/day. So that kit would be going on my 'ultimate wet weather bike'.

Re: Re:

Splatter Paint":32wijcl0 said:
.... On that day it was really, really windy deep
section wheels must be a pain to ride.....
and dangerous. Sudden side wind, traffic and deep sections aint a good mix

Re:

Does anyone here use a hub gear? for wet weather /commuting . Limited appeal ?
I found this SB article an interesting read .
https://www.sheldonbrown.com/nexus.html
A fellow cyclist swears by his belt drive for soggy rides .
I tend to look at the weather forecast for the week ahead and base my winter riding round it .
This no longer works for me. :roll:
4 seasons by rebalrid, on Flickr

Re:

For road /gravel I use my newly (May) built Enigma escape. As we entered winter I put some slightly thinner but more grippy WTB raddler tyres on to replace the 45c Riddler and put some sks bluemels on. Plan is in March to strip and clean it properly and replace the work out bits such as chain for summer. I can’t fault it yet and it’s upto about 3500 miles so far.

For winter trail riding I use a Kingdom vendetta with GX drivetrain (cheap). Can’t fault it either as after two years it’s still almost new looking.

Re:

Look away if odd wheels offend ! Last year and this years winter steed.

Attachments

• DSC00470.JPG
    DSC00470.JPG
    201.1 KB · Views: 380
Back