My new workshop, showing off cos I’m happy

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":3ushgngj said:
Cor mate, I know you said you were moving but that's quite a change!

Yep. hit 40 in the Summer Ed. So big changes. My wifes going to be buying her Dads business in the next year or so, which is based in Brixham. So thats the main reason. I work as a staff nurse, so can work anywhere really. Lived in South Wales for 40 years, but looking forward to moving away from the Cardiff area, to somewhere more countryfied now. Still the house we are buying is half the size, bungalow but at least has plenty of land, for extending in the future. So will be using some of Petes ideas I reckon with the garage! :D

Brilliant work Pete! We have very similar tastes and ideas hehe... after leaving my old job at the start of this pandemic and setting up as an independent mobile cycle mechanic I wish my workshop was as tidy as yours, I just have too much stuff at present haha! After several different 'setups' over the last 8 years I settled on hanging the bikes as you have, except the garage queens are hung closer with bars turned at 90degs, im rocking the Halfords cabs too! You've given me inspiration to get mine tidied out and tarted up over my 2 weeks off this xmas to get it looking half as good as yours! I've had the idea of the mobile roll cab/stand for a while but never actioned it!

Thanks for all the comments everyone. Now it’s getting wet and cold outside, I am using the garage more and more. I have found a great second use for the bike stand - I got a Plasterers Hawk and stuck it in the clamp, hey presto, instant projector stand:

50721504952_0dc738afe7_b.jpg

Just waiting for the new projector screen, but I can have upto 150” TV while using the rowing machine/turbo trainer, and its so cool-Zwifting in life size!

This is amazing. I especially like the portable stand. Although you wouldn't wanna try to undo a Dub crank bolt using that

Back