curtis race

Sold it for £180 in the end, wishes i hadn't now, recently seen a curtis freestyle on ebay for a buy it now for £300 and it looks to be in bad condition compared to mine

Lovely bikes :D

Remember a friend of mine had a lovely chromed 80s model, crumpled the headtube to bugg*ry jumping a sandpit...front wheel hang up :cry:

crumpled headtube!?! i find that hard to believe, the curtis headtubes are the strongest in the inductry, even today.

blow off the cob webs!

i have a collection of curtis bikes from the early freestyle to cruiser and race, my early freestyle is not the dove tail looking one it has no pegs on the rear.. oh and this may be of interest to some people on here? on the 4th page there is a pic of the curtis riders, if i remember rightly many years ago i bought 2 curtis bikes off a guy who claimed they were raced by the curtis team the name john and powell come to mind, and if i`m not mistaken the bike on the far right of that pic is sat in my shed pretty much as it is in the pic... the wheels ukai 20 1/3 8th size i think, yeah wierd i know also has a black octopus stem, tange headset and the bars are alloy renthal i have two sets of, i think the chain is original d.i.d with 3 piece crank, i still have both bikes, 1 is near mint and both still have full stickers
i`m less than 10 miles away from the curtis factory too
regards jon

always loved the look of the Curtis and would love to have one in my collection :cool:

Hi to Simon (RG) ;)

re-buy-cycle ~ where you the guy that got lost with us on the London ride 08 macmillan cancer - we lost the others (1st group of riders) and ended up heading the wrong way - spoke to you about Pro burners ! ?

cheers B ;)

Curtis

If any of you boys want to sell one of your many then drop me a line looking for a curtis pro any condition.
Marty

I think one of the guys over at burnerworld sold a curtis F&F for £35 the other day, but it was pickup only somewhere in the north, and he'd used it for "spray paint" experimentation.

Still worth buying but too far from me....

hey all, sorry to dig up this old thread. i am thinking about possibly considering toying with the idea of selling this bike. having had it for a good few years it occured to me that i might dust if off and use it these last few weeks of sunshine weve had. seemed like a good idea at the time.

so pulled it out, dusted it off, pumped the tyres up and rode it to the sweety shop, all was good. seemed quick, even with the mags on. and rode it a second journey into town to the local bike shop. then hung it back up. so i would estimate its done a total of about 4 or 5 miles since the rebuild.

what a waste.

so is there any body on here that may be interested? drop me a pm, and if there is interest i can post some fotos. etc..matt

ok, following a bit of interest on the pm, here are some fotos taken of the bike the other day and this afternoon.

ktm1002.jpg

ktm1004.jpg

ktm1057.jpg

ktm1060.jpg

ktm1063.jpg

ktm1065.jpg

having given her a bit of tlc in the stand she has reminded me how nice these bikes are. the frame is a work of art, the wheels are immaculate, and the little touches like the alloy bars and the tange headlock really remind me why i built the bike.

Back