An Intervention....long overdue

Always having to tell whatever girl had just got in the front seat not to touch the graphic equaliser :LOL:

Brand wars back then... silly stuff, one mate only Alpine, another only Blaupunkt..

My brand of choice was Trio, so I was gutted when in 1986 Trio bought Kenwood and started using that name as it was bigger in the States....

Of course my mates thought they were hilarious referring to my kit by various names of kitchen appliance... :roll:

My other obsession, er, interest is home cinema

Just sorted the surraaaand saaaand system and its, um, rather impressive.

What else are you supposed to do whilst its raining and furloughed?

Peachy!":14jr7z5o said:
52 cars????? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Yeah, that was just the compound :facepalm:
legrandefromage":14jr7z5o said:
I have a large quantity of Hifi that I need to go through, some of it gets very sort after but as its far easier to store, its not as much as a problem, but my garage has gone from a dumping ground to almost obsessively clean and organised.

Then theres the 200 or so car radios... :facepalm:

Oh, and bicycles, nearly forgot about those.
I've got a couple radio handbooks might be of use to you.

Way back in the 70's I fitted a pair of Warfdale speakers in the back of my Simca van {remember them?} 25 watt power amp and a tape chewer in the front . A rave on wheels way before anyone knew what a rave was .
Deep Purple Machine Head always sounded great .

bagpuss":39ck07o9 said:
Way back in the 70's I fitted a pair of Warfdale speakers in the back of my Simca van {remember them?} 25 watt power amp and a tape chewer in the front . A rave on wheels way before anyone knew what a rave was .
Deep Purple Machine Head always sounded great .

I think we all did that at some point, my mate had some big Pioneers on the back seats of his Capri and even I stuck some B&W in the back of the Doblo about 8 years ago after getting fed up with the crappy door speakers.

Oh, and how about a rave from 1970? Courtesy of Kraftwerk :mrgreen:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWUiLJnEYJI[/youtube]

I had a series Land Rover with pioneer big veneered speakers in it. Hoop set in the summer was good for sharing.

OK, it was the 90s, but a set of Kenwood 7x10s and a 'Bass Cannon' in a 1986 mini City.

It was the* shit.

*Delete as applicable

Some of the more frivolous types on this here forum seem to be rather doubting my commitment to "The Cull"

Well, in just over two weeks we have sold/given away/scraped 19...with at least 6 more to follow..

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    204.7 KB · Views: 744

Latest posts

Back