An Intervention....long overdue

10 gone.... War chest is filling up... :xmas-wink:

Peachy!":3f9yzy66 said:
legrandefromage":3f9yzy66 said:
Pssst! Wanna buy a bicycle?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmR8fzQjuD8[/youtube]
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Ten years ago I sat with my brother in our rented compound & asked why we had 52 car in it when only 20 were trade cars?
fast forward to the present day & we've just emptied the last 20 from the compund, on to the lock-ups / workshops next. A sobering & equally very satisfiying feeling, also the cash is kind of handy. Going to try & thin the bike garage next. My only worry is my my car workshop will have a tonne more space, this could however see most of the bikes moving from home & being rotated for use. Yep that'll stop me filling it up with bikes.
In all seriousness Peachy, good on you, Looking at all those cars I really did wonder "whose the slave & whose the master".

52 cars????? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

57 is quite a number and on one side I'm glad I'm not in your league Mr P but on the other I'm worryingly close. Oops!!

I've long considered going through the same exercise but thus far I've managed to talk myself out of it, mostly because I know that the restored vintage bike market around me is not particularly good at any price so regardless of what I ask for them they sit around for ages before they sell and the idea of breaking them up and selling them off in parts doesn't appeal either, but I do keep telling myself I've got to have a cull sooner or later.

Well done thus far very impressive I must say.

I have a large quantity of Hifi that I need to go through, some of it gets very sort after but as its far easier to store, its not as much as a problem, but my garage has gone from a dumping ground to almost obsessively clean and organised.

Then theres the 200 or so car radios... :facepalm:

Oh, and bicycles, nearly forgot about those.

legrandefromage":1882tsua said:
Then theres the 200 or so car radios... :facepalm: .

Oh now you’re talking.... any pre Kenwood “Trio” ? My first decent car hi-fi... 1985...cost more than the car :facepalm:

allenh":yjkzk24h said:
57 is quite a number and on one side I'm glad I'm not in your league Mr P but on the other I'm worryingly close. Oops!!.

I’m counting 43 in your signature & we all know that’s probably not the full story.... :xmas-big-grin:

Trio and Kenwood were pretty much the same

I sold this one a while ago and mostly concentrate on Pioneer, Philips and a bit of Blaupunkt.

I do have a Nakamichi system I need to sort out

IMG-20170821-WA0006_zpsr7oc5orh.jpg

legrandefromage":3gn6yc7i said:
I have a large quantity of Hifi that I need to go through, some of it gets very sort after but as its far easier to store, its not as much as a problem, but my garage has gone from a dumping ground to almost obsessively clean and organised.

Then theres the 200 or so car radios... :facepalm:

Oh, and bicycles, nearly forgot about those.
Yep Hifi that's a given and I openly admit to that addiction but you're right it is easier to store, my Revox mountain is a thing to behold that I look at in a Golem like state as its value just keeps rising, now those I really should start to shift on as no man needs 10 studio standard open reel machines, although I always say need and want are interchangeable words in this context.

Car radios yep guilty as well I did a cull there a few years ago. I had amassed a huge collection of the Pioneer Component kit (KEX900's etc) because it was the option fit for BMW's in the 80's and I have a couple of those, the fact I'd amassed enough kit for 10 complete systems when I had 3 cars for it all to go in is completely irrelevant obviously. I probably still have enough for at least 5 cars but at least I made a start.
The bigger problem though as Peachy has reminded me with his Kenwood and Trio talk is that I might of started out with the intention of buying only Pioneer component but strangely there's quite a bit of Alpine, Nakamichi, Kenwood and Trio in with it and I have no excuse for any of that as I never had any use for anything other than the Pioneer. There's even 2 complete boxed as new sets of Technics car HiFI systems in with it all which are as rare as hens teeth in the UK.

At least I've been a little better behaved with my bike obsessions but thats only probably because their storage difficulties limit my magpie like purchase instincts.

Latest posts

Back