My new workshop, showing off cos I’m happy

Re:

Really nice, well done :D

My workshop / storage space lacks light, warmth, consistent flooring and organisation! :LOL: :facepalm:

Loving the two feature bikes of course ;) :)

Re:

What bike hooks did you use. Was going to get some of the folding ones but you say they are a faff.

I'm part way through a similar project but won't have the luxury of kitchen units, plus I have to store garden stuff along with the bikes and tools.

Very nice indeed, and looks to be very well thought out too. :cool:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Re:

Thanks guys, it’s been years in the making but finally done!

The hooks are these things:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Steel-Bike-R ... 4572810768
Totally agree, don’t get folding hooks for close storage, they are a menace. These work out perfectly and aren’t hugely expensive.

The kitchen units are a bargain, IKEA was selling them off at 70% off so I was in like Flynn, I love a bargain me.

Sounds and vision are going in. I already have a projector set up so I can Zwift in full size on the garage door, chasing lifesize opponents.

The glass is my other passion, love making stained glass as a hobby
34933636044_abc7c2cc70_b.jpg

The back wall in cinder block as the before photo is a bit misleading. That section is actually part of the living room now and the window you see in the garage now is not the same one...
That window is this one:
49506241861_13a57a40ea_b.jpg

And that part of the garage went from this to this:
50292197906_b77c37dd14_b.jpg

The rest of the garage that is now my workshop extends away from the new section to the front of the house. It was a big, long garage!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Thanks. Looks great in and out with great use of space.

I'm currently in the last stage of design before submitting for planning permission, after which I will lose my 6m x 3m garage completely to the house.

We have built a 5m x 3m 'shed',in reality its what swanky people call a summer house. Its double glazed with ceiling spots,lots of power and networked. It is smaller than the garage (which was already hard to move in) plus it will also have to house the stuff that was in the shed (lawn mowers etc). Not as tall either so losing hanging space.

I like your bargain kitchen. I may be able to recycle some of my own, hadn't thought of that until your inspired space.

Might also pinch the idea of display bikes, how are they held up?

The bike mounts you've used look exactly like the ones here that I was going to pull the trigger on:

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/BNFOLDWALL/5-wall-mounted-bike-hangers-bundle

Re:

I'm glad to see all the hard work and effort paid off Pete, it looks exceptional, with even the smallest of detail thought about.

The Whole property looks amazing to be fair, time very well spent me thinks.

I hope now that we shall see some more of you round these parts.

You've been missed.

Back