NEW TI RALEIGH 753 40TH TDF ANNIVERSARY MODEL v.2

If you do find a time machine.

Just in case you want to ring the SBDU I'll repost this from earlier in the thread. I really did pick this up from Raleigh main reception on Triumph Road in 1987. Brailsford? Any relation I wonder.

Attachments

• note ti 2.jpg
    note ti 2.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 327
Re:

Way back in 1982 I started working for Raleigh at their UK Dristribution Centre which was in Sinfin Derby . I stayed for about 4/5 years . Anyway during this time i paid a visit to the Head Offices in Nottingham . This included a look around the marketing office . It was in one floor/wing . Everything that was available at the time was lined up in order . I wish I had taken pictures at the time . From toys to Team replica bikes . Willy Wonka's for any
bicycle enthusiast . Sadly I did not go round the main works .
It was a different company then,the rest is history.

steampowered":2mcfoh0d said:
If you do find a time machine.

Just in case you want to ring the SBDU I'll repost this from earlier in the thread. I really did pick this up from Raleigh main reception on Triumph Road in 1987. Brailsford? Any relation I wonder.

I just used to visit a certain place on Wharf road in Nottingham twice in mid 80’s..

Wharf Road eh?

Pongo Braithwaite and Aende.

I'd visited Raleigh because I wanted to photograph high quality bike making. I went to the SBDU site Ilkeston in, I think, February 1987. It was a miserable day and it was deserted. I then visited Sid Standard (and Peter Riches). I then visited Pongo, the pictures on Flickr are mine.

I don't own an Aende (yet). But I have a Sid Standard Superbe that is almost complete.

steampowered":17kdu8ys said:
Wharf Road eh?

Pongo Braithwaite and Aende.

I'd visited Raleigh because I wanted to photograph high quality bike making. I went to the SBDU site Ilkeston in, I think, February 1987. It was a miserable day and it was deserted. I then visited Sid Standard (and Peter Riches). I then visited Pongo, the pictures on Flickr are mine.

I don't own an Aende (yet). But I have a Sid Standard Superbe that is almost complete.

Yes Alan was a gentleman & great to chat to over a cup of tea... I had a low pro frame made by him but sold it long ago in Scotland when I was in Aberdeen late 80’s but drove down to his place to Order pay for it then later to pick it up if memory serves me right.

Re:

Wondering how many of the listed Raleigh service centres are still going concerns as LBS.
Given that the std phone codes to be at least 25 years old .

Latest posts

Back