Alejandro's (Klein) Adroit 1992 Green Gator Target sub < 7Kg

Here's he video about the issue with the wheel, or rim ? not sure where the problem may came

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhbIZPjsgN8[/youtube]

Hey, sorry, but I am really getting goosebumps here. I see my most desirable bike frame in pristine condition undergoing some really weird stuff that may potentially damage this frame. That rear wheel quite obviously does have at least one big problem. It is either out of dish to the left or is not installed all the way into the dropout on the left side or it has a pretty big side hit or all of the above in combination.
Worst of all, you took this beauty out on the road in this unfinished state with a rear wheel that might damage the paint due to tire rubbing on the chainstay.
Please, do me a favour and be careful with this frame. It may very well be the last one in this universe in such condition.

Same thing happened to me - it turned out that the wheel wasn’t installed all the way into the dropout - even though it looked as if it were.

It happened to all of us at one point, but few just ignore it and still take a ride, despite the quite obvious fact that something is very wrong.

Re:

I assumed he had checked the wheel was fully inserted when I said about the wheel being out of dish.

My thinking was that maybe it’s from a bike with assymetric chainstays hence why it’s out on this one but only a uneducated guess.

When fitting wheels I never do it in a stand as it’s so easy to get it slightly out. I always flip the bike over and let gravity so it’s thing

(Apart from modern stuff with thru axles )

KLEINselig":ntfbuu4n said:
Please, do me a favour and be careful with this frame. It may very well be the last one in this universe in such condition.

Yes it will be no mopre on the street / mountain until new wheels

But I purchased the frame to use it not for mark it and set on a wall

ibbz":1zj1kz77 said:
Same thing happened to me - it turned out that the wheel wasn’t installed all the way into the dropout - even though it looked as if it were.

My friends and I, checked this on the airport, getting in and out the wheel to the edges a few times, may be 4 or 7 times. Same results. So definitively the wheel must be repaired, or changed the rim, who knows who will be the appropiated mechanic. I will ask on Tomas Domingo (ex klein sellers) next weeks. I will leave the wheel to their mechanics

KLEINselig":w7t90ldj said:
It happened to all of us at one point, but few just ignore it and still take a ride, despite the quite obvious fact that something is very wrong.

No , rare but at the beggining the wheel, was not bad at all, but once got say 10-15 kms then I saw the bad thing, so I decided to get a taxi from my friends on the airport (I was a taxi during 14 years) and get back to home in taxi.

Attachments

• a87538d6-9561-4e4b-a1c5-c9fed927c0aa.jpg
    a87538d6-9561-4e4b-a1c5-c9fed927c0aa.jpg
    536.6 KB · Views: 264
goodyes":2fzho8xf said:
KLEINselig":2fzho8xf said:

Yes it will be no mopre on the street / mountain until new wheels

But I purchased the frame to use it not for mark it and set on a wall
I was going to say this - it’s your bike so whether you choose to race it - ride or hard or hang it next to a pinup of Pamela Anderson on her prime and birthday suit is entirely your choice

Back