just had a really awsome last few days!! need to boast!

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
last thursday i finished work and don't go back in for 18 days! :D shift work is cool :cool: then i got paid + overtime :cool: = spend money!! :cool:= solve the credit crunch :LOL:

mate phones up and says fancy a few beers in the big city, london. also had a call from condor saying my new bike was ready! :D :cool: so head to london on friday afternoon and meet up with mate and his sis and start hitting the loopy juice! :D proceed with a curry followed by more loopy juice :D quality evening had by all!

wake up next day, no serious headaches etc :D :cool: leave for condor, jubilee line was down and was pointed in the direction of a bus . . . . strange large contraption . . . you get in them and they take you places . . . although it takes ages . . . . and they smell funny. anyway, eventually get to condor, see my bike . . . . mmmm, made the right choice on the colour and logo's, get a few bits sorted and adjusted and get releived of some funds :( get on bike and ride the streets of london :D :D i really enjoy riding around london! i know i shouldn't, let's face it, it's frickin dangerous! but it's like a computer game where you have to dodge the numpty! be it driver, walker, biker, bus driver!

get totally lost! but don't care, i'm having fun!! end up outside phil and liz's place, stop to get a pic! ride on, catch up with some guys at a set of traffic lights! one of them is riding an elevated chainstay alpinestars with full dx! have a chat with him, tell him the bike is cool and he should get pics on here! his mate was upset that i didn't compliment his bike! it was a modern full suss trek! didn't occur to me to do it! :LOL:

off i go and eventually end up back at kilburn just as it is getting a little dark, chuffed with bike and chuffed with the ride! :cool: :D
hit munchies, me and jonny then hit the pub(jonny is my mate, i'm not telling the story in the 3rd person! :LOL: ) wander in to a pub and gradually bosh through several pints with jonny while reminissing about ex girlfriends, and deciding that we could fix the economy faster and better than that tosspot brown and his darling! :D wake up this morning and again, no hangover! :D jump on the bike for the ride back to waterloo, get lost again! :D don't care! :D having fun riding, eventually turn up at waterloo and get on the train with 4 minutes to spare! :D

also get a phone call during the weekend saying my suzuki dr390 is built and running and ready for the MOT! :D :D 2 bikes in one weekend!!! :D :D

here's the pics, phil and liz's house, the new weapon, and then pictured with the fleet!! :D might need a couple of posts though!

Attachments

• london pics and bike pics 001resize.jpg
    london pics and bike pics 001resize.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,015
  • london pics and bike pics 002resize.jpg
    london pics and bike pics 002resize.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,015
  • london pics and bike pics 005resize.jpg
    london pics and bike pics 005resize.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,015
  • london pics and bike pics 008resize.jpg
    london pics and bike pics 008resize.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 1,015
a couple more pics :D

oh and spec on the bike is aluminium frame, carbon fork, seatstays, chainstays, custom colours chosen by me, didn't like the new 09 colours so this is the 09 frame custom painted, groupset is 10speed veloce and mavic wheels. this will all be being played with though, it involves the record from the d2 onto the condor, the 9speed record from the lime crosswork back on to the d2 then the 8 speed record back onto the lime crosswork, then the veloce of the condor to rebuild the cougar with!! see all thought out!! :D :D

Attachments

• london pics and bike pics 010resize.jpg
    london pics and bike pics 010resize.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,009
  • london pics and bike pics 011resize.jpg
    london pics and bike pics 011resize.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 1,009
Nice looking bike-I'm glad to see Condor is still in business. In the early Seventie's I owned a Condor Barrachi Time Trial bike that I remember fondly. It was a steel, fillet brazed, lugless frame and weighed 17 pounds-quite light for that era with the equipment available then. I wish I still had it!

Nice looking bike-I'm glad to see Condor is still in business. In the early Seventie's I owned a Condor Barrachi Time Trial bike that I remember fondly. It was a steel, fillet brazed, lugless frame and weighed 17 pounds-quite light for that era with the equipment available then. I wish I still had it!

i'm really pleased with it, the frames are made in italy so have propper italian geometry which i really get on with, they do spec english b/b though and you can pay a little extra and choose paint colours and decal options and there are loads of options! i upgraded the paint, the wheels, and the groupset and chose the sizes of everything, bar, stem, cranklength, so it's practically a custom bike :D i also chose compact chainset and wide ratio cassette for when i go to the alps, everything i have at the moment is 39/53 with 11 or 12 to 23 so having the compact set up will end up on the training bike and if i go to the alps i have climbing gears aswel.

everyone that has seen it really likes it :D

Back