Coolest brake levers - opinions!?

Re: Re:

Prodigal Son":1nzcreer said:
ibbz":1nzcreer said:
Are Campag brake levers any good?

Heavy but good. M730(or 735 dunno: 2 finger) is better.

file.php

ishaw:31gxx95o said:
BoyBurning:31gxx95o said:
ishaw:31gxx95o said:
Altek, controltech, tech lite are all ones I've owned that I'd call great levers. I'm sure there are others in addition to these and the ones you've mentioned.

I don't recall any levers made by ControlTech.

Any pics...?
My mistake, I meant machinetech. I regret selling a full set of these brakes and levers in black. Heres a pic found of a set in red.

file.php

Here’s a set in blue I’ve just cleaned up and weighed for the record :cool: D7C26DE4-FED1-4EC4-8274-88F875D4D44C.jpeg

Last edited:
Truth be told Pauls are the best levers ever and they are still being made and sold by the company. Are even classic King hubs still available?

Tootyred":guxn5dew said:
Got to be tommaselli motorcross levers used on original stumpjumpers. Unbreakable, the Cadillac of levers!

Had this pair stashed for 30 years, just awaiting the right project!

Like many I own/ed many of the bling levers in this thread but the most comfy to use are the early Tommasellis and they look great on the early era bikes.

Re:

Caramba's, beautifully ugly!

al.

Attachments

• IMG_20191108_132825~2.jpg
    IMG_20191108_132825~2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 562
Re:

Ritchey in purist gold.

al.

Attachments

• IMG_20200219_175328.jpg
    IMG_20200219_175328.jpg
    700.3 KB · Views: 518

FluffyChicken":20gecn43 said:
Scanning this thread and I see there is a fine line between shite and coolest
Hahahaha!!!!

I’ve just bought a pair of Egs levers (posted before), fairly cool but annoying installing the brake cable. Now the question is finding a fit with shifters as these were made to work with Egs shifter. I could go 9 speed with XTR/SLX but the fit is wierd. I haven’t got the grip shift SRT 600’s at hand which I think were slimmer and might work better than the Sachs waveys. Thumbshifters otherwise…
image.jpg

Back