A place in the world for a Brooks Conquest on a retro MTB?!

TreaderSteve

Senior Retro Guru
I could lay my hands on a new one for a Frankenstein Beast of The East I'm going to tinker with. Are they quite upright? Comfy? I know they're heavy! Have a place in the world?! Opinions pls!

I was gifted a used one some years ago & found it ok for short distances. At the time I didn't cycle a lot so my arse would have suffered with most saddles on longer distances. I find my Brookes Cambium Carve C17 more comfortable.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 381
I like them.

Attachments

• BADEF907-16A1-4AB5-B7BB-236F6E884202.jpeg
    BADEF907-16A1-4AB5-B7BB-236F6E884202.jpeg
    226.3 KB · Views: 370
Re:

It's new which is a good thing, as used ones play right havoc with the ar$e as I've found out before - once they're moulded to someone else's butt they're hard to win round to your own.
They look pretty cool too....perhaps I'll call my 'man' and take it off him after all!

Re:

Hi, I have a saddle like this and would like to use it on my old school MTB..how can it be fitted on a modern style seat post rather than using an old style plain round seat post and standard Brooks clamp ?.. thanks.

Re: Re:

vcballbat":3uqw4tk4 said:
Hi, I have a saddle like this and would like to use it on my old school MTB..how can it be fitted on a modern style seat post rather than using an old style plain round seat post and standard Brooks clamp ?.. thanks.

er... like this one?

file.php

Re:

I see it can be fitted but do you just clamp onto the lower saddle rail only as it difficult to see in the photo ?.. thanks

Its just as any other saddle - I'd get someone to check your work if you dont know how to fit this! Dont want any painful accidents.

Attachments

• brooks conquest.jpg
    brooks conquest.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 275
You are overlooking! over thinking! Its just a normal saddle with springs there is no 'extra set' of rails

Attachments

• brooks conquest2.jpg
    brooks conquest2.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 270
Back