the best gig ever was....

nic":2ava3uhk said:
Bob Marley Leeds Uni 1977

Sweet, you can't beat that. There's something powerful about seeing those amazing people that are no longer with us. I've met two people that saw Hendrix live :shock:

I was also at Oasis too :LOL:

However my favorite would have to be an early PJ Harvey gig possibly at Brixton Academy. I was never much of a fan but the energy was unreal.

my dad say jimi hendrix in 1970 at the isle of wright festival, i think he still has a t-shirt, last year jimi perform on stage i believe.

RHCP at Hyde Park was amazing - James Brown (RIP) and his crew supporting also amazing. Unfortunately Chicks on Speed were opening up and got booed off, which was also amazing in trhe fact that I've never heard so many people hate a band so much!!

If you get a chance go and see Arthur Brown, I've seen him a few times in tiny clubs and he's brilliantly mental in a musical kind of way - shoving the mic down his trousers and singing into his microphone hard-on - funny as f**k!

Presidents of the Usa this year, Super Furry Animals in 1996, Motorhead a couple of weeks ago - all brilliant!

Gigs

Foo Fighters- Reading, Greenday- Milton Keynes bowl, and my fave, Extreme reunion tour- Birmingham Carling last week. Amazing!

lumos2000":1ddgb5ka said:
the levelers in hyde park (anti nazi league protest) :twisted:

I was at that too. 120,000 people IIRC, and yet that is the first time I've heard that gig mentioned in well over 10 years.

NickD":1tui3bj0 said:
lumos2000":1tui3bj0 said:

I was at that too. 120,000 people IIRC, and yet that is the first time I've heard that gig mentioned in well over 10 years.

thats becouse its taken that long to come down!!

legrandefromage":3dbf77rz said:
lumos2000":3dbf77rz said:
legrandefromage":3dbf77rz said:
Ozric Tentacles at the Junction in Cambridge May 1993

I think I'm on the Live Underslunky CD leading the hand clap/ floor stamping of 'one more tune!'

:D

thats got to be my favorite too i saw them in bournemouth with sensor suporting and the fruit salad light show, fantastic!
a very difficult choice but top of the list
selputura in sao paulo, (got invited backstage) :cool:
dreadzone last week in bournemouth, ;)
pink floyd in earls court keep talking tour.

Bliss of bliss - Eat Static were supporting - I almost orgasmed on the spot!

your right it was eat static, so where did i see sensor or did i? :?
i still have the t shirt

Prince at the o2 was seriously amazing-

Massive Attack in Cardiff just after Mezzanine came out- 'Angel' is def. the best single song I've heard live.

Radiohead on the big tent tour in Newport, cant remember that one so much, just before OK Computer came out I'm sure it must have been good!

Bob Dylan in Cardiff just after Time out of Mind came out- proper mix of the classics and the 'new stuff' which was fantastic.

JeRkY":29uxfpbo said:
makster":29uxfpbo said:
Seeing Kasabian play at a tiny little bar near Phoenix, Arizona while I was working out there was pretty special.
There was only about 100 people in there, and most/all of them had never even heard of Kasabian.
They certainly knew about them by the time the gig had finished! This place was bouncing by the time they finished with Clubfoot :cool:
These are the kind of gigs I love, small and intimate.
About 2 weeks later I stumbled across Embrace playing and even smaller gig in Sacremanto, California. Must have been 30 people max in there and they were asking what we wanted them to play!
I've seen both bands play to 5000+ people but these 2 gigs were far better to me :D

Like wise saw them do a small (ish) 1000 people gig at Leeds uni a few years back...really very good in small venues.

I also saw Kings of leon at a gig in bridlington before they were widely known, they were supporting "The music" came on looking a little like the bastard offspring of zztop and proceeded to blow the small crowd away. Seen them many times since in much larger venues, but that was special.

Off to see a nice lineup next year in dublin, Oasis headlining and kasabien and rumoured to be the prodigy supporting...cant wait.

That KOL gig sounds amazing. I caught them touring on the back of Youth and Young Manhood and have been hooked ever since. Head and shoulders the best live band of the last 5 years imo. They just come on stage, play and then leave. No poncing around, just raw talent.
Its a shame that the latest album seems to have lost a lot of that rawness :(
Had a great 2 days last year when I saw KOL at at Wembley followed by The Verve the following night at the 02 :D
Got tickets to see them on the 14th in Bournemouth :cool:

Latest posts

Back