Kona titatanium seatpost-question of authenticity

DACO

Retro Guru
Hi retro friends,

I won the auction of this nice titanium seatost for which the seller claimed to be the original Kona titanium seatpost with original decal. I'm asking if you can help me determine if this is original Kona seatpost because so far I have only seen O-beam Joe Murray.

Thanks in advance.

Daco.

kona-seatpost.jpg

Re:

Hi there, sadly I would say that it's not a Kona O-Beam from the pictures that I have on file.

I was sent a link to this Post back in September by romanrinos, who asked me what I though regarding it's authenticity.

He wrote this, "This has come up on my Ebay search feed but it looks like a fake but with an applied Kona decal..? The twin bolt design came in 94’ but the head clamping arrangement looks substantially different from the earlier vertical twin-bolt style. Do you think it genuine?"

My reply was, "The Seat Post on e-Bay doesn’t look like the pictures that I have seen. Those clamp bars that sit on top of the rails don’t look right, and the shaft that supports the Allen bolts is at a wacky angle. The Kona one looks more horizontal than that."

Here are a few pictures that I have on file:

Pip

Attachments

• Kona O-Beam 27.2.jpg
    Kona O-Beam 27.2.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 649
  • Kona O-Beam 27.2_1.jpg
    Kona O-Beam 27.2_1.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 649
  • 1994 Page 18 US.jpg
    1994 Page 18 US.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 649
Hi Pip, thank you very much. As always, your information is worth so much. My fault I didn’t ask earlier. I will see with seller what we can do, because he told me that is original Kona.

Best regards, Daco.

Re:

I believe I have this very seatpost on my PACE RC200 F1, I will see if I can get a pic showing the top part. I got mine 10yrs ago, but looks exactly the same. It was from an Asian seller on ebay.

Cheers....... Nick

Re: Re:

Crantinope":36ljc0qr said:
I believe I have this very seatpost on my PACE RC200 F1, I will see if I can get a pic showing the top part. I got mine 10yrs ago, but looks exactly the same. It was from an Asian seller on ebay.

Cheers....... Nick
Here you go:

And this one was also on one of your theads:

Pip

Attachments

• PACE RC200 F1.jpg
    PACE RC200 F1.jpg
    659.1 KB · Views: 603
  • PACE RC200 F1 Post.jpg
    PACE RC200 F1 Post.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 603
  • PACE RC200 F1 Post_1.jpg
    PACE RC200 F1 Post_1.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 602
DACO":332xb2h8 said:
Hi retro friends,

I won the auction of this nice titanium seatost for which the seller claimed to be the original Kona titanium seatpost with original decal. I'm asking if you can help me determine if this is original Kona seatpost because so far I have only seen O-beam Joe Murray.

Thanks in advance.

Daco.

kona-seatpost.jpg

It may be as good as the Kona post and it looks better imo.

Re:

Hi, I just wrote in my pm that I would just get in touch with eBay directly, explain them the situation that you believe it isn’t a Kona product alongwith examples of other eBay listings, where same seat-post has appeared. They can google a real one such as the example Pip found you.

They normally act fast to refund you if the item is not authentic. That said, it’s a nice Ti-post, sadly just not a Kona one. Hope helps.

Re: Re:

romanrinos":2zx34ky6 said:
Hi, I just wrote in my pm that I would just get in touch with eBay directly, explain them the situation that you believe it isn’t a Kona product alongwith examples of other eBay listings, where same seat-post has appeared. They can google a real one such as the example Pip found you.

They normally act fast to refund you if the item is not authentic. That said, it’s a nice Ti-post, sadly just not a Kona one. Hope helps.

Hi romanrinos,

many thanks for your help. I asked him for a refund and he just did a refund to me.
Not only that the seatpost is not original as he described in the ad but still now I didn't recive the setpost and it's pass two mounts. If i can belive him, he told me that they had redirected the package to the wrong address and that he was trying to forward it to me. I was patient but after all this I became a little suspicious and thanks to your help i found it is not even original. My mistake was because I hadn’t asked here before, what I will do in the future. It is very nice to be a member of this forum. Thanks again to everyone for the help.

Sory for my english :facepalm:

Thanks, Daco.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back