Sizing a 1991 Yo Eddy at almost 5 foot 7 inches or 173 cm

ob1kadrobe

Devout Dirtbag
Hello all,

I am looking at buying a 1991 Yo Eddy Fat Chance. The frame size is small. I read the early years only came in S/M/L while later models offered a S - S/M - M - M/L - L - XL options. I am more interested in a pre-1994. I am almost 5 foot 7 inches or 173 cm. I have a small sized vintage Merlin that fits me quite well as a reference. I most do urban riding. Not sure if I should wait for a Medium to arise or buy the Small. Does anyone know if this is true... "early years only came in S/M/L while later models offered a S - S/M - M - M/L - L - XL options." Or can anyone offer any advice about their experience sizing an early Yo Eddy. Thanks!

Re:

FATs typically have a long top tube which suits male proportions better. Females tend to have longer legs and proportionally shorter torsos than a male of the same height. Thus I would go for small frame if you choose the earlier 90-92 era non suspension corrected Yo frames. Imo i would try to find a 93 or 94 suspension corrected frame in s/m as the geometry will probably suit you better and it will ride nicer. The earlier models with the thicker Yo Eddy fork are stiffer, the later ones have the Big One Inch BOI forks.

Thanks again M-Power, I am going to go with the Yo Eddy. I looked at the FCTC but am more attracted to the Yo. Plus I got a really sweet 91 all original with a suntour groupo. I got a thing for old school original things. So this will be a great easy short-day easy rider. I can then maintain the history of it when I am ready to pass it on.

What I am truly waiting on getting is that old school easy year Indy Fab.

Re:

Sounds wonderful :mrgreen: Agree, passing on the provenance of these beautiful bikes is yet another pleasure of owning them. Few brands have such an enthusiastic and loyal following.

Good luck and ride in good health.

MP :cool:

Any one know if a 1991 yo eddy with matching rigid fork uses a 26.4mm or 27mm crown race? I am looking at headsets.

Back