The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any ideas on the following:

Manitou 2 forks with Evolution headset size. Plus original booklet and spare dampers iirc.

Club Roost IDB bars

Somewhat used Suntour XC comp drivetrain, incl 'ninja grannyring.

pair of ss5 brake levers

1 dia compe 986 canti with aztec blocks

1 deore lx low profile canti - circa 93

pair of original onza quill type bar ends.

1986 raleigh maverick frame, forks, wheels, drivetrain and sidepull brakes. (not incl. bars, stem brake cables or levers or saddle)

Any ideas on the above will help.

TIA.

Probably loads more but I can't remember so that will do for now!

So i've got a pic of 2 sets of my collection of pace forks,

the proclass has worn it's gold off the stantions about 1-2 cm above the seal and there are slight damage to the decals, the standard evo is near perfect, there are minor marks. they have been used but are in excellent condition and work fine. The steerers are 20cm and i have 1 set of V-brake bosses for one of them as they both have disc mounts and brakes to suit i have not got them fitted but these are in excellent condition too.

I am wondering how much they are worth including the brakes as they will be no use to me once these have gone. the proclass has a front silver C2 pro lever and the evo's have a pair of black C2's with sport levers, the brakes are in excellent nick and have slight rust on the bolts will wire brush off i'm sure.

also i have a pair of hope hubs (splined with spiders and selection of discs) on x317rims these have new bearings and are true and also in great condition with only minor marks on the rim. sorry no pic, the hubs are blue ano.

any ideas on what i should be asking for each of them? got some more pics of the forks if they are needed.

Ta

Attachments

• P1020744 copy.jpg
    P1020744 copy.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 1,486
  • P1020762 copy.jpg
    P1020762 copy.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 1,480
Im after some Judy SL's and i have been offered some, but im not too sure how to value them, i know that they cant be worth too much nowadays but thre only worth as much as someone will pay i suppose.

Anyone any ideas?

On a foot note, id love another set of those Pace Pro-Class! ^^^

Found this is one of my old MBUK mags.

Mint Sauce iron-on transfers (picture is of the back, so colours not showing). Any interest?

mint.jpg

SJD and Grannvile

I would hit the Search ( http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/search.php ) and type in some keyword for what you have eg Suntour Comp or Hope Hubs and select all keywords.
Search only in the For Sale section and have a look through. Should take too long to get an idea.
Then just pop them up in the For Sale with a price you think fair. Always good to add a bit for delivery costs and paypal fees if you use paypal.
If the price is good you'll sell instantly (and if they are wanted).
If not someone may barter you down to a fair price. Else you'll need to reduce and bump your post till you sell. That's in my opinion the best way to do it.

Know what you will go down to and when you;ve done any reductions needed and they still don't sell. Put them in a box as somebody may want it at a later date.

Chewedpencil, I've seen them go for £40 to £50 if working well and in good condition.

Grannville":1i3hnxyq said:
So i've got a pic of 2 sets of my collection of pace forks,

the proclass has worn it's gold off the stantions about 1-2 cm above the seal and there are slight damage to the decals, the standard evo is near perfect, there are minor marks. they have been used but are in excellent condition and work fine. The steerers are 20cm and i have 1 set of V-brake bosses for one of them as they both have disc mounts and brakes to suit i have not got them fitted but these are in excellent condition too.

I am wondering how much they are worth including the brakes as they will be no use to me once these have gone. the proclass has a front silver C2 pro lever and the evo's have a pair of black C2's with sport levers, the brakes are in excellent nick and have slight rust on the bolts will wire brush off i'm sure.

also i have a pair of hope hubs (splined with spiders and selection of discs) on x317rims these have new bearings and are true and also in great condition with only minor marks on the rim. sorry no pic, the hubs are blue ano.

any ideas on what i should be asking for each of them? got some more pics of the forks if they are needed.

Ta

Pro class tend to go for £75-120 ish dependant on condition. Your standard Evo's confuse me a little as they look more like proclass with all the gold removed/or new stanchions.

I thought the doubke carbon braces and grey ano crown/alu parts were proclass features, also the yellow decals.

For the brake components & hubs...to the right person they will be worth a reasonable amount, however they dont really show up all that often for me to hazzard a guess on the price.

yeah those silver stantioned ones are as they left the factory, no new stantions or anything. If i remember rightly the last model of the procass 'gold stantions' were replaced with these silver ones as the gold kept wearing off. I can remeber thinking at the time - gutted those gold stantions look schweet!

haha cheers for the advice dude :)

how much would i have to pay for a specialized epic m4 frame and shock how much is one worth people? i am just after frame and shock- any ideas?

Attachments

• sw_epic_proto_sml.jpg
    sw_epic_proto_sml.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1,376
mepeter":366v0kdx said:
how much would i have to pay for a specialized epic m4 frame and shock how much is one worth people? i am just after frame and shock- any ideas?

It depends on how much change you have left to finish project £50.

;)

th 50quid bike is nearly complete
got a marin frame for 8 and some p2's for 11 and loads parts from local bike exchange stores- nearly there yay!

i picked up two of the spec e4 frames at auction one with shock one without two slightly different models and was going to sell one but wondered how much i should set a reserve at for one
havent recieved them yet- picking up today so i will get to see condition etc
just wondered if i relist one on ebay if it is worth setting a reserve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back