the best gig ever was....

Ozric Tentacles at the Junction in Cambridge May 1993

I think I'm on the Live Underslunky CD leading the hand clap/ floor stamping of 'one more tune!'

:D

missmyfat":3o19w1v5 said:
Oasis at Knebworth in 1996. Truely massive, 500,000 people over two days
Great support acts the manics, chemical brothers, prodigy, cast, kula shaker, ocean colour scene, bootleg beatles and john squires on guitar.
Not so much a gig but a defining moment, over 3 million people applied for tickets.
Happy days. :cool:

I was there on the Saturday, TBH the support acts were all shite and lost in front of such a crowd. Oasis was a different story, Liam's ego was designed for 250,000 people. Champagne Supernova was the most memorable gig moment of my life.

Other memorable gigs include Metallica at Donnington in '95, Radiohead in Cambridge in '93 (or early 94) and Machine Head at Brixton in '95 - that one was crazy, my mate got knocked out trying to hang on to a drumstick that was thrown in to the crowd :LOL:

legrandefromage":36652y77 said:

I think I'm on the Live Underslunky CD leading the hand clap/ floor stamping of 'one more tune!'

thats got to be my favorite too i saw them in bournemouth with sensor suporting and the fruit salad light show, fantastic!
a very difficult choice but top of the list
selputura in sao paulo, (got invited backstage) :cool:
the levelers in hyde park (anti nazi league protest) :twisted:
dreadzone last week in bournemouth, ;)
pink floyd in earls court keep talking tour.

ooh - forgot - Faithless! Saw them at Brixton Academy c.1998 - awesome. Still my favourite band.

lumos2000":21rgtwp3 said:
legrandefromage":21rgtwp3 said:

thats got to be my favorite too i saw them in bournemouth with sensor suporting and the fruit salad light show, fantastic!
a very difficult choice but top of the list
selputura in sao paulo, (got invited backstage) :cool:
the levelers in hyde park (anti nazi league protest) :twisted:
dreadzone last week in bournemouth, ;)
pink floyd in earls court keep talking tour.

Bliss of bliss - Eat Static were supporting - I almost orgasmed on the spot!

The Larks, 1986...........not especially great band, never rerally heard of them since, but they did have some killer loud brass section, I was pished out of my heed, AND I SCORED!!!!

Back