the best gig ever was....

Oasis at Knebworth in 1996. Truely massive, 500,000 people over two days
Great support acts the manics, chemical brothers, prodigy, cast, kula shaker, ocean colour scene, bootleg beatles and john squires on guitar.
Not so much a gig but a defining moment, over 3 million people applied for tickets.
Happy days. :cool:

All the gigs I chose to go to (I HAD to take my daughter to see Christina Aguillera. Total $hit. I fell asleep).

Oh god! There are so many! :shock:

I don't think I could choose a best, but there are a few I'm pleased I got to see.

Nirvana and Joy Division being two that spring to mind.

The Pixies were always good and Sonic Youth. One particularly good night was a trip to Liverpool with my then girlfriend to watch All About Eve which sounded like it was going to be worse than a trip to the dentist (but it was her birthday)! :roll:
When we got there and the lights went down, turned out the support act were the La's.
That turned out to be a fantastic night. :D

Then there were all the Punk bands................Oh good days! :D :cool:

makster":1oea9jgw said:
Seeing Kasabian play at a tiny little bar near Phoenix, Arizona while I was working out there was pretty special.
There was only about 100 people in there, and most/all of them had never even heard of Kasabian.
They certainly knew about them by the time the gig had finished! This place was bouncing by the time they finished with Clubfoot :cool:
These are the kind of gigs I love, small and intimate.
About 2 weeks later I stumbled across Embrace playing and even smaller gig in Sacremanto, California. Must have been 30 people max in there and they were asking what we wanted them to play!
I've seen both bands play to 5000+ people but these 2 gigs were far better to me :D

Like wise saw them do a small (ish) 1000 people gig at Leeds uni a few years back...really very good in small venues.

I also saw Kings of leon at a gig in bridlington before they were widely known, they were supporting "The music" came on looking a little like the bastard offspring of zztop and proceeded to blow the small crowd away. Seen them many times since in much larger venues, but that was special.

Off to see a nice lineup next year in dublin, Oasis headlining and kasabien and rumoured to be the prodigy supporting...cant wait.

megadeth 1995 at plymouth pavillions,
megadeth 2005 at Astoria
Metaliica 2007 at wembley
Korn 2008 at brixton academy
Chemical Brothers 2008 at london olympia

Back