Freecycle

theboy":o9726s4s said:
how does it work? I have a Yahoo user id, but it doesnt seem to let me join a group - is it purely email based?

Go here

http://www.freecycle.org/

And find your local group. I don't know if each one is different, but I just clicked the links, waited for the authorisation email and was away.

My local group has a web forum, but I'm just on the emai list

we've done quite well on there: piano, £180 rowing machine, every episode of star trek and next generation on vhs and a kitchen :D

i picture that as someone closing the door to their kitchen and saying no more for me !

and when you want a cuppa popping in the car driving to the other side of town and going into someone elses house through a side door into your new kitchen , which is still part of that guys house and putting the kettle on :LOL:

My wife was on it, but got fed up with all th emails..... She's not technical in any way!

Did get some kitchen cupboards to fit out my garage with. :LOL:

I'm in the bradford one and they have changed it...The mod's/admin condense all the posts into a daily "digest" so you only get one email a day. I used to spend time reading it but last 12 months it just seems to be wanted ad's for silly expensive stuff.....ps2/ps3/laptop/pc's...

I have had some good stuff from it and got rid of some stuff too...

I dont think wanted ad's should be allowed personally.

I use it, picked up a Roksan DVD player a while ago that was not working and once I had taken it apart and put i back together again it started working!!!. £650 when new and i'm loving it. Given away lots of old mobile phone stuff on there too. Great site

When I'm not here I'm one of the mods for a Freecycle group.
I've had some fantastic stuff. My ex girlfriend for a start. :shock:
I live on a narrowboat, which last year nearly sank, no damage structurally but the cabin and everything I owned was ruined. Apart from 5 sheets of plywood and some high-tech insulation, every bit of the interior was from freecycle or from car boot sales. It can work really well, but they take quite a lot of work behind the scenes if they're to do so.

Latest posts

Back