Area Groups Section- Suggestion box and requests

Hows about we tag the USA onto the end of Cornwall – There's a sign at Lands End that points the way to New York if I recall, so it's not such a leap :LOL:

Seriously though – this is a good idea, and it seems to be happening a little bit already. The recent Sout West Retrobike meet being a prime example. Would be good to have USA-based groups too, and specific ones for our friends on the continent.

Cambridgeshire & The Flat Lands? How about Eastern Region or Anglia Region instead. We have regular Eastern Region meets at Thetford already, the members that attend come from Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Suffolk & Norfolk.

It's not flat!!! Take a ride down the Beast of the East on the black route at Thetford and it will change your mind.

I like the use of Chicksands as an example in this thread, speaking from personal experience I wouldn't dream of sueing RB after I nearly broke my neck there a few months back. Blackmail yes, sue no.

You can call them what you like and include whatever counties you like for me, it's not my decision, I just suggested those to get the ball rolling- someone else called it the Flatlands, looks pretty flat to me :LOL:
I do like the idea of 12 sections though- 12 sections, 12 months in the year... each section gets a space on the callender to put on a good sized event. December in the Highlands anyone?

Si

12 sections 12 months- great idea, if nothing else pretty much everybody in each region will try and make it to their home meet
(we should all meet more local retrobikers) and that in itself is a good thing.

If members make the trip to other regions then you will have guides with good local knowledge as well the chance to see some of the best trails th uk has to offer- now how do I translate this into something my wife will understand?

monsterfatuk":3cvzocfe said:
So is central covering the midlands then :?: :?: :?:

If you want, it's your call as much as anyone's.

I've done a nice map on Memory Map but the bastard thing won't let me publish it. It has 12 areas marked on as a starting point and we can argue, debate and tweek until all are happy if you like the basic concept. I'll try and get it on here this weekend.

Can I just remind all that this was just an idea that I put out there for YOU ALL to debate- I ain't the boss and it's not my place to dictate or impliment anything, I'm just tossing ideas into the air. Please continue to contribute your ideas and thoughts and help get this off the ground guys!

Thats me for today.

Evenin' all ;)

Back