NEW TI RALEIGH 753 40TH TDF ANNIVERSARY MODEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

The painting operation was very labour intensive forty years ago....to make 250 frames would have took approximately three months at the sbdu. To put a bit of perspective on things i wonder how long the new batch took..?

Attachments

• TI-Raleigh_p4(Nov'82_Cycling).jpg
    TI-Raleigh_p4(Nov'82_Cycling).jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 720
This was barely £100 including the original Gerald O'Donovan decal - not sure if I could justify 25 x the price for newness

file.php

file.php

Re: Re:

What I don't get is why one of the contributor's has a size 57mm CTT Joop Zoetemelk replica bike...SB 4059. Its a 1980 SBDU 753 which is absolutely stunning and perfect in every detail from the decals down to the Berg Union spokes... it is the perfect Joop Zoetemelk replica bike..it is considered to be the benchmark of replicas against which all others are judged
https://raleigh-sb4059.com/2020/08/31/j ... from-sbdu/
TI-Raleigh SB4059
"My SB4059 is probably as close to the Joop Zoetemelk 1980 TI-Raleigh spec as possible"
...but has been very reluctant to put it on the workbench to make a fair comparison against the new Ti40.... get the tape out and stop making ridiculous comparisons with size 56 time trial frames. :facepalm:
Photos from this brilliant really interesting and informative website.
https://raleigh-sb4059.com/2020/09/28/4 ... sbdu-data/

Attachments

• sb4059-1980-ti-raleigh-team-pro-reynolds-753-team-80-specification.jpg
    sb4059-1980-ti-raleigh-team-pro-reynolds-753-team-80-specification.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 583
  • TI40-192-Geometry-Setup.jpg
    TI40-192-Geometry-Setup.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 583
Re:

I look at the shelve behind the bikes and that says alot about the top tube angle .
Mind you if the shelve was in my house ......I could not go by it . :facepalm:

Re:

Back in the day you would only see sloping top tubes on a TT bike and horizontal on a road bike.

Look at any pro TT these days and the frames are all horizontal top tubes whereas their road bikes..

I remember seeing sloping tops in the pro bunch for the first time, think it was a Tour the late 90s, the ONCE team were the first, and my heart just sank.. I was hoping it would just be a one off like Steve Bauer's Paris-Roubaix monstrosity.

Re:

First sloping top tube ( upwards that is) was pantani's bianchi round about the 98 tour he won

I remember thinking it looked ugly, the profile of a hyena. Now it looks normal

Re: Re:

pigman":1x8v4111 said:
First sloping top tube ( upwards that is) was pantani's bianchi round about the 98 tour he won

I remember thinking it looked ugly, the profile of a hyena. Now it looks normal

I'll never get used to it, the only sloping tubes I saw before then were on women's bikes! :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back