NOS GT Zaskar Decals ?? WHAT GOES WHERE ?? HELP :-S

delboy009

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Want to get my decals on asap but dont know what goes where ???

Not even sure the age of the bike ? Think its prob mid nineties !! The decals I have are -

2 Large GT in black and white, about 12" long
2 smaller GT in opposite white and black, around 7" long
2 with ZASKAR LE in black and white around 10" long
The little Rocker Tuned ones which im sure go on the seat stays !!

2 little upright GT decals and the frame material one and a warning sticker ! Pretty sure they go down the bottom of the seat tube ;-)

Any help much much appreciated !!

Derek

Attachments

• pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 4,472
Your frame looks to be somewhere between 92-95. Your best bet for decal position is to check out the relevant catalogues in the gallery section under GT. ;)

delboy009":yfrplf5i said:
Want to get my decals on asap but dont know what goes where ???

Not even sure the age of the bike ? Think its prob mid nineties !! The decals I have are -

2 Large GT in black and white, about 12" long
2 smaller GT in opposite white and black, around 7" long
2 with ZASKAR LE in black and white around 10" long
The little Rocker Tuned ones which im sure go on the seat stays !!

2 little upright GT decals and the frame material one and a warning sticker ! Pretty sure they go down the bottom of the seat tube ;-)

Any help much much appreciated !!

Derek

Uhm... those Rocker Tuned ones go nowhere as it ain't no RTS I see in the picture ;-)

As far as I know, depending on the year of the bike/decals:

Zaskar LE on the front top-tube (and if they're larger than the GT ones they go on the down-tube).

the big GT All Terra ones should be on the down-tube then I guess.

The warning sticker goes on the bottom-upside of the downtube IIRC.

The little GT ones go on halfway on the seat-tube and one on the front of the head-tube.

The frame material one (7005 or 6061-T6) goes on the bottom of the seat-tube.

And then you should actually have two "Triple Triangle" ones that go on the seat-stays and a "Handmade in the USA" that goes on the chainstay IIRC :?:

Hope it helps... but then again, you could google for some Zaskar pics or have a look at the online catalogs at mtb-unterlagen.de for pics. Pretty sure all the GT info is about there.

Void

Pics please and I'll then tell you.

Sounds like ones off Ebay.

The rocker tuned ones dont want to be going on a Zaskar mate.....they are for an RTS :LOL:

My Xizang is a 92 - if they are a similar decal set they will have a similar layout.

gt_107.jpg

Nice Xizang !!!!

Think mine may be slightly later 93 - 95 maybe ?? Decals reading ZASKAR are not the ones that run down the down tube !! Too small..

Back