Show us what you did today, thread

Re: Re:

jimo746":dbxnd9n4 said:
Out early-ish on the old drop-bar Mtb this morning to try out a route I'd seen on someone else's Strava feed....
Looks like a perfectly cromulent road ride to me. :)

Re:

Picked this up for the mrs. She had her eye on my cinder cone so drastic measures had to be taken. I’ve already lost my Kilauea to my daughter. Needs a few things changed but should scrub up well.

Attachments

• 828A89CE-BF70-4BAF-B206-1749D0BB0F27.png
    828A89CE-BF70-4BAF-B206-1749D0BB0F27.png
    202.9 KB · Views: 410
Re:

Indeedy - Kona love is good =D

Wish I'd never sold my modded '92 Cinder Cone

Attachments

• kona1.jpg
    kona1.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 392
  • kona2.jpg
    kona2.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 392
I did think earlier today when I seen JRGSXRs Kona that Mr P would like that :)

Well for me this weekend was a very varied mixture of activities, some bike related and some not. A good one all the same.
I started out on Saturday thinking I would try and get the Mercian put back together enough to see what I still needed, which hopefully should be next to nothing. Made a start and finally settled on brakes and bars but then paused and spent time debating whether as it is now coming close to winter I should just build back up the Mercian tourer for the rougher weather. Heather and Caleb were out for the morning so I basically sat out in the sunshine and drank coffee while fiddling with bike stuff. Made a start at least.
Then spent the mid afternoon/evening down at the beach near home with some friends and Heather and Caleb, we took the surf kayak across and as it was so still it was great for teaching Caleb some more paddle strokes to learn and also practice in the unusually calm water. I then took it out for a while round the point but only after his mother was coerced out the water with it ;) I knew we should have taken both.
We then had a bbq on the beach before walking across the field to home. Such a great afternoon, hot, no wind, playing about on an empty beach. Not long after we got in the fog rolled in, what a difference.
This morning woke to fog still about and a very damp garden, the fog lifted just after lunch but revealed an overcast sky and a pretty grey day, still warmish but no where near as glorious as the day before. We got some stuff done around home, had lunch at a local bakery and then late this afternoon I had to go into work to sort something, only a couple of minutes work but would save me doing it Monday and then finishing it Tuesday. So a good excuse to go for a ride on the Jack Taylor, not that I need one. So a longer round about route was ridden through to Thurso and then up to work out the other side. This I was glad I did on the way in as when I came out while it was OK in town you could see the harr/fog coming back in out in the direction of home. Also after meandering on the way in it was now getting on time wise so it was a much more direct route home.
Anyway just a bit of cycling this weekend but all retro related. Hope everyone has had a nice one and had some of the sunshine over the weekend too.

Jamie

IMG_3926 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_3930 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_3932 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_3936 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_3939 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Harr coming in!
IMG_3944 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

I just wish Jamie had a scruffy bike.

Then I wouldn't feel so guilty about taking him out for one of my road rides...

Re:

I was thinking just that, not a drop of patina in sight. Now don't get me wrong as I do like a shiney bike but life's too short to polish all the time. Same with motorbikes - oily rag all the way :xmas-big-grin:

Plenty of scruffy patina on my bikes though not on the freshly painted Mercian.
Plenty of wax just makes them look better in the photos. That JT came out of a chicken shed all rusty and corroded.
:) :) :)

Considering this is how it started out and I haven't repainted it, there is still patina if you look closely ;)
DSC_1661 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSC_1659 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSC_1670 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_2777 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Mercian KOM
DSC_1412 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Because it's worth it ;)
IMG_3930 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Jamie

Re:

That Merican frame looks fantastic! I really like the green. I always seem to like green bikes but have never owned one. Might need to address that soon. Looks like the perfect day for the canoe, not a cloud in sight! Your pics are always top notch Jamie. I struggle just to get mine the right way up!

Re:

Finished the lava dome for the mrs. Fast, easy and cheap project. If only they were all that way.

Attachments

• 6243E2A1-CE60-4DCC-B681-B966A17988DF.jpeg
    6243E2A1-CE60-4DCC-B681-B966A17988DF.jpeg
    249.4 KB · Views: 294
Back