Rutland CC 10 mile Time Trial 13 December.

Old Ned

Old School Grand Master
Well, I've and gone and done it. I've sent an entry off for this.

First time I've filled a TT entry form in since 1988, it felt quite strange as I remember swearing to myself once that I would never do it again-ever!

I had a word with the organiser last night and he's struggling for entries so if anyone else is interested contact me asap for the organisers address etc. as the entries will close Tuesday.

TT entry forms can be downloaded from the Cycling Time Trials website -

http://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/

Lots of helpful info on there if you're new to the game.

road ?

i dont think my singlesped mtb would cut it on the road :LOL:

whats involved with a time trial ?

rutlands close so i might end up watching

Rutland CC is a Sheffield club, named after Rutland Road near the centre. The event will be held on a course at Hatfield Woodhouse near Doncaster, 5 miles each way with a traffic island turn.

Best to do it on a road bike or at least an MTB with slicks preferably.

What's involved is to go as fast as you can and ride the distance in the shortest time you can. The fastest time is the winner although there are often time handicaps (allowances for slower riders based on previous performances) which also have prizes. Riders set off at minute intervals - and there's no hanging on if you're caught! That's a BIG no-no!

Have a look at the website for more info.

Got my start sheet this morning, I'm second off at 13.04 (no numbers 1 or 2). Last man is number 30 with 2 tandems after. With this start position I shouldn't be last to finish!

Start and finish south end of Hatfield Woodhouse on A614, turn at Baxton Island.

Wish me luck..................................please :?

local Ystwyth CC TTs start in March and I for one intend to be a regular at the 10, at lesat. The 25 is a bit of a killer for an unfit novice like me. I put in a single show at the 10 2 years ago and put in an awful 34:59. Would like to knock 8-9 minutes off that this season. No longer smoking and am back on the bike more so maybe doable.

I went, I started, I finished, I coughed my guts up!

Half the field of 28 didn't start, it was very wet and windy, lots of standing water in pools on the road. I got wetter from them than from the rain. I suppose I only started so as not to be embarrassed since everyone else who turned up also started.

My time was 30.43 - which was slowest out of all the starters, possibly my slowest 10 ever - but I claim a moral victory over all the non-starters. Winner did 23.04 which I consider to be good for the day.

I rode 'Old Skool' on my Dave Russell and actually used the big ring all the way round. First time I've used a big ring (52 - so not very big) on the flat since I started back. Got into the 14 sprocket at times with the wind coming back, amazing!

Plenty of room for improvement next year :D

Back