Frame ID / Info Please :)

I bought it as a donor bike and a bit too big for me. To be honest i didn't like the paintjob that much despite it's apparent quality. Besides it shows some scratches here and there so i may be tempted to strip the paint off.
But then i'll be looking for the tubing it's made of, just to stick the right decal :facepalm: if anyone can make a guess here...

Understandable, of course - it's not the most tasteful paint job - but very much of the era. Seems a bit of a shame to lose the paint job, though, given that I doubt there are many of these out there. If it's too big anyway, I reckon you'd get some interest for such a well-made frame if you wanted to sell it...and then you won't have to worry about that decal!

Right, listen carefully. :) I've now got the definitive answer on the Rider brand from someone who was there at the time and actively 'involved'. Rider was a brand name of a Belgian company, Simons, who also owned Diamant. The Rider frames were produced in the Diamant factory and so are good quality. Diamant made frames for the trade and under their own brand name - I had a Diamant CX frame at one time. The Rider brand was basically an all encompassing one that covered clothing, supplements, rubs etc. and Graham Weigh was the UK distributor under (I think) the Velosave umbrella.

Edit - definitely Velosave - it's on the advert on page 1!! :facepalm:

I think there were two different Diamant brands. I don't know about the German one but the Belgian sure did build some nice frames in the 80's - 90's, quite overlooked outside of Belgium.
Thanks for the infos !

Back