1992 Muirwoods

Danthefestaman

Dirt Disciple
Hi, Ive been looking where i can but without measuring i cant find a seatpost size for my 92 Muirwoords. Im hoping its the same as my 1996 Gary Fisher Wahoo (26.6) so i can swap them around. My wife shares my bikes with me and wants a comfy saddle, so a post and saddle ready to go would be great.

Is it possible to get a Marin lite saddle from anywhere or anything similar? Also need a fisher supersoft to for the Wahoo.

Got plenty of parts to buy to make it right but it rides which is fine and is fairly original. I had a later one when younger which i loved but this came from my mate and will do me fine.

Just been thinking about this, can anyone shed any light on who has made 26.2mm seat posts. I am after a NOS one but all i can find are different sizes.

Re:

They're readily available online if you do a Google search for a 26.2 seatpost and don't mind a generic one... or are you looking for an original Marin one? They were made by Kalloy back in the day so maybe start your search there?

markwoollard":1viue8je said:
Cheekily jumping in on the thread: hope that is ok - will my '93 Marin Muirwoods also be a 26.2 seatpost do you know?

I think you'll find that it will be 26.4 bud.

Re:

I was hoping that one seat post would fit both bikes so the wife had a choice of what she wanted to ride but with a comfy seat for her. Will get two cheapy posts and saddles maybe. She likes the Marin apart from up hill as the gearing is harder than the fisher.

I think the Marin has the original post will have to look if there are any markings on it.

As we have a Marin guru in the thread what are the differences between the 92 ranges? Are the frames similar but different hardware or differences throughout? I was thinking to gather parts to make a period correct spec bike on the lower level frame.

Re: Re:

Danthefestaman":mc5gvttk said:
Marin guru

I've been called worse!! :LOL:

Yeah 4 different steel frames in 1992.

Bolinas Ridge on it's own with basic tubing and low end components aimed at the Sunday afternoon path rider or paperboy. Then Muirwoods, Palisades Trail and Bear Valley which had identical frames with slightly better groupsets as you climb the range. Next came Bear Valley SE, Eldridge Grade and Pine Mountain with great tubing and again better spec as you spend more money. Finally Team Marin and Team Issue with Tange Prestige tubing and shimano's top of the range groupsets.

Back