Wanted - beginner vintage bike 58cm-ish

drn22

Retro Newbie
Maybe being too optimistic, so trying to be a bit more flexible.....

Any suggestions for something similar? From my basic research, maybe a Concorde or Orbit? have realised I may need to pay a bit more - £250 or £300 it the right thing came up?

Many thanks

New here, so please excuse any dim-wittery

I'm after an older style bike for riding round town, that's cheap enough to be less nick-able, but decent enough fundamentals to be worth doing up a bit over the years (subject to not being nicked - see above!) After looking around, I was thinking something like a Peugeot competition 2000, or a Professionnel 400.

I'm aiming at about £200. I have seen a couple advertised at around this (but wrong size or too far) so I hope this is reasonable??

Needs to be about 58cm ish, and somewhere near the South-East (50 or so miles from London) for pick up.

I'll keep scouring the classifieds and ebay/gumtree etc, but just in case anyone has something they were thinking of parting with.

Many thanks

Dan

Re:

Thanks for the reply - is it frame only? Afraid I'd need a roughly running bike as it will take me years to build up (I'm no mechanic!)

I have a friend who's selling this Concorde.

Attachments

• received_1023396421444555.jpeg
    received_1023396421444555.jpeg
    480.4 KB · Views: 717
I will ask him.

No, it's in Belgium but I can post. Are you after a complete bike or frameset only?

drn22":3ukrx4q3 said:
Maybe being too optimistic, so trying to be a bit more flexible.....

Any suggestions for something similar? From my basic research, maybe a Concorde or Orbit? have realised I may need to pay a bit more - £250 or £300 it the right thing came up?

Many thanks

New here, so please excuse any dim-wittery

I'm after an older style bike for riding round town, that's cheap enough to be less nick-able, but decent enough fundamentals to be worth doing up a bit over the years (subject to not being nicked - see above!) After looking around, I was thinking something like a Peugeot competition 2000, or a Professionnel 400.

I'm aiming at about £200. I have seen a couple advertised at around this (but wrong size or too far) so I hope this is reasonable??

Needs to be about 58cm ish, and somewhere near the South-East (50 or so miles from London) for pick up.

I'll keep scouring the classifieds and ebay/gumtree etc, but just in case anyone has something they were thinking of parting with.

Many thanks

Dan

If you're still looking I have a mid-80's Harry Hall that's in great mechanical shape. Let me know and I can send pics and details across.

Back