Orange Aluminium Elite

clockwork davo

98+ BoTM Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
:LOL:

So as I’ve never had one and I have most of the other early Oranges it only seems logical that I must have one :facepalm:

So does anybody have a circa 1992 Elite frame or full bike in 19” they’d like to let go of ;)
Without any cracks obvs :|
Cheers D

This frame has a bit of a back story to it actually, it belonged to one of the two guys that introduced me to mountain biking back in 1987 / 1988. He's kept it in his shed for years as a complete bike. I randomly popped on Ebay one day and noticed it for sale as it was close to me, I then noticed the name of the village it was for sale in, this made me look at the seller name and....... bugger me if it wasn't my old pal from back in the eighties hehe. We'd completely lost touch over the years so we hooked up, I bought the bike from him and we're still in touch to this day. I took him and the other guy on one of my local routes and we had a great time remembering the good old days before suspension and the likes. I promised him that if I didn't get it stripped, serviced and renovated that it would go to a fellow Retrobike enthusiast. The poor guy nearly died from the Covid virus four or five months ago ! I was messaging him every day in hospital, trying to keep his spirits as high as I could from afar, he ended up on the local news after he survived the ordeal.

I do hope it goes to one of you 'orrible lot :)

I'd have kept it for myself but I really do need to thin the collection out a bit. I asked my old pal if he wanted first dibs but he gave me permission to pass it on.

Funny how life works ain't it.

Apologies all:

I just re measured my Orange Elite and it's actually 17" C to T and 15.5" C to C.

So it's a 17" frame NOT a 19".

Apologies :)

Back