OK then, who can identify my frame?

Laurence8165

Dirt Disciple
This is my latest project, a retro build based on a frame I bought via the well known online auction site. The vendor thought it might be a Scott, and I'm keen to know what it is, so any ideas?

The headset is 1 1/4'', the forks are Tange/Tioga, seatpin diameter is 31.6mm, the rear derailleur hanger is integral with the dropout, and there is a substantial gusset at the head tube/top tube/downtube interface.
EstayOverallsmall.jpg

EstayRearDropout.jpg

EstayHeadstock.jpg

First look would suggest a no-name wonder, but the welding looks too neat and the 1 1/4 headset throws that...

Scott I don't think so, there's a hint of Nishiki Alien about it but it isn't one of those either.

Increasingly I'm erring to the side of no name wonder from the same factory as one of the big brands.

Not an alpinestars al-mega, gusset in the wrong place and the seat stays meet the droputs wrong (should be more pointy). Just google image "alpinestars al-mega" and you'll know what I mean

If it has a wishbone seat stay and no gusset it would be a Rocky Mountain Experience. The drop outs are exactly the same, as is the bottom bracket arrangement and the way the e-stays meet the down (across?) tube.

May be a later version of the RM Experience.

Back