bah humbug!

this year is the first time ive looked forward to crimble for a long time.nov is my youngests birthday (now 2) and her face when she saw a present was magic.......ps she loves xmas trees and has chosen her own baubul(?) to put on there already.i also have 9 year old twins who seem to be rather smitten with any thing that has to do with high school musical or hannah sodding montana......im gunna paint a paving slab pink and say it is a special h.s.m paving slab....they will love i.......cruel me? nahhhh! :D :D

MAXTHEROTTI":vqh0asi3 said:
well given the news last friday that my wife cant have kids (been trying for 6 years now :( ) christmas can fu+k right off this year :evil: :evil:

Sorry to hear that mate! cant be nice for you both

As a general rule I ******* hate it, greedy consumer pig fest, crap telly, crap socks smack bang in the middle of crap weather. Before I married I would just go work as on any normal day and piss about with my cars and smoke my head off in peace.
However, my eldest daughter has started nursery this year and is constantly practising the song her class will be performing in a few weeks for the Christmas show. The sight and sound of her singing ' wiggly nat-iv-eer-teee' whilst skipping around is enough to melt even the stoniest heart. I might enjoy Christmas at this rate. Another plus point is I get to cook for our rather large family gathering- something that I love doing, so I guess it ain't all bad.

To sum up- a half humbug and a slight scowl from me.

Glad its not me,another agreement with Dr S

Yeah its the Greed, hype, fakeness and giddyness that does it for me,then having to go wherever you are pushed, and guilt of not seeing everyone. :(

Theres an awesome side to it slightly too,from kid perspective and the original meaning of taking stock and looking after each other, but usually too busy in teh rush shopping planning andbeing bossedabout to actually stop and enjoy it, then its over.

GF still loves it which is sweet, :? just hope I can lighten up and not spoil it for her!
:oops: :LOL:

gibbleking":31swks1o said:
watch a 2 year old open a present and christmas takes on a whole new perspective.i am not a huge fan of consumerisem xmas but i do like a nice crimbo tree .. :p

I'll be doing that this year! :D I can't wait to see her face. Last year she didn't really get the concept and was more interested in the paper than what it was concealing. I hate Xmas, but this one moment will be worth all the hassle.

Back