bah humbug!

greenfinger

Retro Guru
I feel like i'm turning into a right scrooge, i cant being arsed with christmas coming up :roll: it's as if it comes at the worst time of year for me......i earn the least amount of money at this time of year as my overtime gets cut from loads to doing standard hours due to work slowing down and find it harder getting work for myself. I suppose we should put money by when i'm earning more but being married a year and in our own first home with lots of things the mrs wants doing it doesnt always go that way! feckin xmas, nothing but a worry :roll: :!:

Bit the same myself....dunno why peeps go crazy for Christmas. We'll spend a bit on the kids and make sure they have a great time...but won't spend much (if any) on each other.
Certainly won't go crazy buying a whole heap of food....just normal stuff, maybe a couple of 'treats'....but certainly not crisps/nuts/dates/more nuts/chocolate/cake/pudding/huge meal bla bla bla.
But I had better get a selection box! :LOL:

perry":38g7mbol said:
nobody is forcing you to do it ( or are they :shock: )

The mrs is giving me the evils as we speak :twisted: :LOL: i hear ya perry, its just the done thing if you know what i mean. Perhaps enjoying it for what it is is more important, and no kids yet mean we don't have to go over the top. Dont get me wrong i do enjoy christmas and always have done its just too much of a spending frenzy and i am a jock you know ;)

watch a 2 year old open a present and christmas takes on a whole new perspective.i am not a huge fan of consumerisem xmas but i do like a nice crimbo tree .. :p

Christmas is overrated in my mind.

Sure, we make sure the kids have a great time, they deserve it as they are what make Christmas, but the wife and I have now decided to limit our spends on each other.

But, I bet we'll end up spending too much (again) on food and beer :roll:

gibbleking":3qynig5p said:
watch a 2 year old open a present and christmas takes on a whole new perspective.i am not a huge fan of consumerisem xmas but i do like a nice crimbo tree .. :p

Yeah i can imagine that really would make a christmas special :D we're working on that..... :LOL:

yeah i know what you mean , the theory behind christmas is a sound idea

you know , the big living room , incredibly hot , around a tree , autumn colours

but its just , spend spend , buy buy , spend :evil:

its taken me 15 years to get to the point of not giving cards , and ive managed to get the receiving down to just mumsy . whenever i meet someone new i have to go over the whole i dont buy for you and you dont buy for me :LOL:

well given the news last friday that my wife cant have kids (been trying for 6 years now :( ) christmas can fu+k right off this year :evil: :evil:

Back