FS: Immaculate 1986 Raleigh Road Ace 23"

boblo

Dirt Disciple
FOR SALE: 1986 Raleigh Road Ace

One for the the aficianados?

Here we have a 1986 totally original, unmolested, unadulterated, low mileage 23" Reynolds 531c Raleigh Road Ace. I had one BITD and regretted selling it in the late '90s to help fund our first tandem.

I bought this off the first owner a year or two ago with the aim of reliving my youth. Sadly, it gets little use when the plastic fantastics are champing at the bit...

It has the full OE Shimano 600 groupset (hubs & Q/R's, brake calipers & levers, head set, bottom bracket, 52/42 chainset, pedals c/w original chromed toeclips and straps, front and rear dérailleurs, downtube friction levers, 6 speed uniglide cassette and chain). SR bars, stem and seat post plus a refinished Isca Tornado saddle. It has new period correct gum wall tyres and inner tubes - never seen tarmac.

There a a few minor storage marks but generally, it's in A1 for a low miles 35 year old boik.

I went through it all when I bought it. Trued/tensioned the wheels, cleaned/regreased and adjusted all the bearings and treated it to new rubber and inner tubes. The seat post and stem are free and have also been regreased. It's ready to ride.

I'm really not sure of value as there aren't many fully original, low mileage, very good condition examples around. I'm thinking of offers IRO £500 but I don't want to get into a protracted negotiation/Dutch auction so happy to talk this through if needs be.

If any one wants to contact me offline for further details, please feel free. I'm based in PE6 and would prefer inspection and collection for obvious reasons. My email address is milesgoff at tiscali dot co dot uk

Thanks in advance.

£500 is a good for a clean old bike like that ... But it all comes down too what someone will pay for it unfortunately.
I mean I've just sold a Raleigh 753 time trial special frame with low SB serial number 1979 model on eBay only made £281 free postage.
But I wish you look chap.

Back