Area Groups Section- Suggestion box and requests

dont forget though people , its one of those things that you need to make happen yourself

if you want an area group where you are , get it in motion , if you expect someone else to do it it probably wont happen

perry":u2d5uyz1 said:
dont forget though people , its one of those things that you need to make happen yourself

if you want an area group where you are , get it in motion , if you expect someone else to do it it probably wont happen

It will need the Guvnor's blessing before we can do anything- this place is his baby :D

Some good ideas coming through though.

Been giving it some more thought today. Divide our Isle into 12-14 regions. Each region to get a dedicated page on a new index to organise itself on. Each area then selects a mutually convenient central location for meets- be it a ride in the woods or a noggin down the pub. Each region can elect a chairman who keeps everyone in touch with each other and also keeps an eye on what is being done on that particular area's postings on that group's web pages- this would lessen any aditional workload for the hardworking Mods.

That region could then organise some quality 'open to all' meets, events and rides, to be publicised this in the Meets and Rides section. We could end up with a nice spread of events throughout the year all over the country which is great for us Northerers as most meets take place miles from here!

The great benefit of this, as i have previously mentioned, is a spreading of the load when it comes to organising get togethers. Also if an area group plans a raid on someone elses turf, the area groups can work together and suggest routes, camping and accomodation, help with route Recce etc.

This is a brilliant website which I dearly love, there's some great people on here that i would like to see more of and share our love of silly old bikes with. This could be a great way of taking it to another level, getting out more often- be it on the trails or down the pub or in someones shed, swapping parts, swapping storys of old, tinkering, swapping ideas etc. Ridin' ridin' ridin' baby!

If the gaffer gives his blessing lets make it happen- all of us will need to make the effort but it will be very rewarding.

It could be beautiful man ;)

Si

Ps. Fluffy Chicken. When ar wer born in Yorkshire it wer The Ridings! More appropriate for thee lad?

Dr S":2xb3dqe8 said:
Ps. Fluffy Chicken. When ar wer born in Yorkshire it wer The Ridings! More appropriate for thee lad?

Yes ;), as the correct name is East Riding of Yorkshire.
even though I was born in Humberside :LOL:

Also "The Ridings" goes with what we do :eek:

... also it gives Pickle more of Lincolnshire to play in.

Lots of us in Bristol and Bath area and if you extend into South Gloucs and Somerset, we'd have a possy!

daj":2ypivchn said:
Having read all about the North downs in this months What Mountain bike Id love to have a go down there :D

I'm riding there sunday with the guy who wrote the article :)
..although I used to live there so I know it pretty well already ;)

scant":2bdpsypq said:
daj":2bdpsypq said:
Having read all about the North downs in this months What Mountain bike Id love to have a go down there :D

cant you wait a week , sylvain is doing a ride on the 7th .

cchris2lou":3pkby0u0 said:
scant":3pkby0u0 said:
daj":3pkby0u0 said:

cant you wait a week , sylvain is doing a ride on the 7th .

nope! this was organised months ago with multiple associated sales ;)
come to s.wales & I'll take you on a cool ride chris :D

Whos blessing do we need? :?

Is this just for us to build some rapport with bikers in our area or is this a Retrobike regional team thing?

Cant i meet up with who i like when i like?

mazdaman1980":bb81sdws said:
Whos blessing do we need? :?

Is this just for us to build some rapport with bikers in our area or is this a Retrobike regional team thing?

Cant i meet up with who i like when i like?

Yes you can, but if the plan outlined above ie- dedicated forum section, needs the blessing and hard work of this sites creator/s.

I have only put the idea out there for debate and will help if required but ultimately what John and the mods decide is what goes.

There is nothing to stop anyone getting together.

Latest posts

Back