Recentish Cross/ fast Touring frame 52-54cm c2c Top tube

Tommy27

Retro Guru
So I'm looking for something that can handle rough stuff/ light touring, but I can also keep up on club runs (more likely the cake stop group than the 1/2 cats). I really need to be able to transplant the majority of a 105 10spd group set, so probably something that is at least 90s and has 130-135mm spacing at the back. Also a 27.2 seat tube. Quill stem would be fine, in fact I think I'd prefer. Same with lugs over fillet brazed.

I've seen a number of 'Cross frames from the 80s/ 90s that had fittings for rack and mudguards, though I don't know how common this was. A fast touring frame would definitely interest me, but Cantilevers are a must. As are mudguard and rear rack eyelets, but I don't really care about a front rack. In terms of tubing 531 would be fine or 631. I'd consider a 725 or 853 obviously. However I used to live with a frame builder and while I'm not 100% sure he's building right now, I'd like to have him build something one day so I don't have a massive budget for this.

I quite like a Bob Jackson World tourer, but I'm definitely open to what's out there?

I've just had a Nigel Dean tour ace powder coated 54cm CtoT and tick all your boxes mudguard eyes, cantis, rack mounts

kingbling":3074evk3 said:
I've just had a Nigel Dean tour ace powder coated 54cm CtoT and tick all your boxes mudguard eyes, cantis, rack mounts

Somehow missed this. I don't think I can pm yet, could you post some pictures up here or email me?

Tommy27":1rtgzenb said:
kingbling":1rtgzenb said:

Somehow missed this. I don't think I can pm yet, could you post some pictures up here or email me?

Think I've found a picture of this pre-powder coating, so could be very interested?

Looking again. To be clear looking for something like a Jackson or Mercian, but also willing to consider a Nigel Dean, Dave Yates, Cougar, etc. Basically a fast 90s tourer that has cantilevers,.rack and mudguard mounts and a fairly decent tyre clearance.

Back