Retro Watches................... ?

This is a very interesting thread but there is a big difference between retro and collectable. If you had a Rose Gold Omega Constellation from the 70s i would say collectable but not retro but if you said a Swatch from 88 in Pepsi colours i would say retro. Its a funny market with watches as e-bay has ruined the watch market and interfered with prices a lot. The way i look at it regardless of the argument i think you should just enjoy them. For me, i just like to have something with a bit of history and nostalgia. Half of my 70 odd watches are from pre 1930 so are all bad time keepers but beautiful.

I have an Animal W001 from the early 90s. It's a bit weird in that it's a bit arse-about-face; the watch face glows and the hands don't. That's my gig/festival/riding watch.

Also got an oldish Seiko that I inherited off my father; not sure about model. It tends to stay shut away in its box most of the time

My main watch is an Omega Speedmaster (post moon - about 199:cool: that my Mrs gave me as an engagement pressie :D

gibbleking":3fwf41kj said:
thats some engagement pressie......any pics?

As you wish sir.... Rubbish pic taken with phone camera

speedmaster.jpg

Now thats a propper watch. This in 50 years will be worth just as much and just as reliable, and so much more tasty than the boring James Bond special they have always knocked out!!!

My retro watch is this TAG Heuer which I bought back in 1980-something.

It cost around £260 which, then, was a lot of money. Now the cheapest TAGs are a lot more expensive and don't even have any gold adorning them!

Attachments

• me_TAG.jpg
    me_TAG.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 814
I traded my Tag Heuer SEL Chrono from 1994 in for my cannondale sv700 fr :LOL:
Dunno if i was mental at the time or if the bloke in the shop was??
Opinions........... ;)
Still got my blue Monaco, thats going nowhere :cool:

Gary C

Back