Who's going to be next....

never see them in the job centre though do you

they phone for a bail out before the wallet comes out

if your company or bank has been bailed out you should be on minimum wage :evil:

my brother is the director of the company, i work with him.

We've lost 3 employees so far, cant loose any more here as only me and him left. He's got properties he cannot rent, no profit being made and it doesnt look like its gonna get better anytime soon.

But yeah, maybe directors of MASSIVE companies dont need to worry, but when its your own shindig and the company isnt that big, its quite the opposite.

perry":3k13jud9 said:

if your company or bank has been bailed out you should be on minimum wage :evil:

You seem to have the same mentality of most people. That is ALL directors must be MINTED. That is not the case whatsoever. Most small businesses operate on very small margins and a lot directors are in debt more than the employees, they have a lot more to loose in most cases. Banks are squeezing down hard, people are not buying. I'm afraid you have been swayed by the "Daily Mail" attitude. No offence intended by the way.

Just one on job losses. A friend of mine works in one of those 'Job Centre Plus' places (dole office to me and you) and he told me if I ever lose my job and need to sign on I should claim that I do not read or write, the job officer then has to fill out all the paper work for you and hence that is how you get all the benefits your entitled too. I guess you then claim that you've learned to read and write a day later to help you find a new job!

Good post richie-t.

Of course you see company directors at the job centre. You also find them hanging by their neck by some old rope.

If you dedicated all your life to make and develop your own buisness putting long hours in with no one else to rely on and then see it all go down the pan in a blink of an eye, the stress and worry as your whole livelyhood and way of life dissapears with the banks chasing you personal assets and turfuring you out of your own home as company gurantee's etc is something quite different to losing you flash in a pan job in a factory.

none taken easy

i mean directors of these large companys , i see small businesses as go betweens , ie buying small selling larger . they are everyday people who took the chance of doing it themselves instead of relying on others

the people who ran woolies , mfi etc wont be in the job seekers queue

Easy_Rider":u3im7qnv said:
makster":u3im7qnv said:
Its not the directors who suffer is it?

I wouldn't say that. Directors of small businesses go through stresses you wouldn't believe, bank guarantees etc, keeping ungrateful scrotes employed through money out of your own pocket etc etc

Your quite right. I should have said that I meant large companies.
Having spent my life working in engineering, I have seen many an owner/director fighting tooth and nail to keep their head above water.
We should have all been bank managers :?

Easy_Rider":1nrdweyg said:
perry":1nrdweyg said:

You seem to have the same mentality of most people. That is ALL directors must be MINTED. That is not the case whatsoever. Most small businesses operate on very small margins and a lot directors are in debt more than the employees, they have a lot more to loose in most cases. Banks are squeezing down hard, people are not buying. I'm afraid you have been swayed by the "Daily Mail" attitude. No offence intended by the way.

I have to agree with Easty Rider; the term Director can describe anyone from a contractor with his own Ltd Company (1 man band) up to the head of a massive organisation. It would probably be better to stick to the "Fat Cat" bashing which is popular! :)

Just a quick note on redundancies; I work in recruitment and many of my clients are FTSE 100 organisations. The general feeling is that there will be far more losses before this situation improves. I have also had a surge of candidates in the last few weeks who are giving redundancy as a reason for looking for a new job. Some of these guys are very senior and well paid, (so hopefully have saved for a rainy day in the good times), but it just shows that everyone will feel the effects of this downturn to some degree. IMO

BarneyRubble":1icypotd said:
Just a quick note on redundancies; I work in recruitment and many of my clients are FTSE 100 organisations. The general feeling is that there will be far more losses before this situation improves. I have also had a surge of candidates in the last few weeks who are giving redundancy as a reason for looking for a new job. Some of these guys are very senior and well paid, (so hopefully have saved for a rainy day in the good times), but it just shows that everyone will feel the effects of this downturn to some degree. IMO

And this is my point. These people have an opportunity to save for the 'rainy day'. Most people struggle by from day to day and have to get their pleasure from life in simple ways (like buying cheap old mountain bikes to try to regain their youth :LOL: ).
I struggle to feel sorry for people who have had it good/easy for years and haven't known any different.
Its at times like these that people who are prepared to work will rise to the top and we will hopefully loose some of the chancers/rip-off merchants.

makster":ooi1mqso said:
BarneyRubble":ooi1mqso said:

And this is my point. These people have an opportunity to save for the 'rainy day'. Most people struggle by from day to day and have to get their pleasure from life in simple ways (like buying cheap old mountain bikes to try to regain their youth :LOL: ).
I struggle to feel sorry for people who have had it good/easy for years and haven't known any different.
Its at times like these that people who are prepared to work will rise to the top and we will hopefully loose some of the chancers/ripp-off merchants.

I couldn't agree more, when a contractor who earns more in a day than I earn in a month tells me they need to be paid weekly because they have bills to pay, I wonder how the F*ck they can't sort their finances out. it boggles the mind! :LOL:

Latest posts

Back