Anyone familiar with FRM cranks?

ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Franco Ricci Mingani have over the years made a full range of components - even frames and forks. I have their 2006 32 page catalogue in pdf.

https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/read/ ... talog-2006

I have owned the Cranks similar to your first link - mine were the CU2-Evolution Integral 175mm model, and cost me £312 direct from FRM in 2007. They have a slightly different bearing size from other manufacturers of 37x25x7.

I guess their coolness is in their uniqueness - an alternative to more common components. I would say the quality and function is almost as good as Middleburn.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA by Philip Mock, on Flickr

Pip

Re: Re:

pipmeister":pwxh83a0 said:
Franco Ricci Mingani have over the years made a full range of components - even frames and forks. I have their 2006 32 page catalogue in pdf.

https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/read/ ... talog-2006

I have owned the Cranks similar to your first link - mine were the CU2-Evolution Integral 175mm model, and cost me £312 direct from FRM in 2007. They have a slightly different bearing size from other manufacturers of 37x25x7.

I guess their coolness is in their uniqueness - an alternative to more common components. I would say the quality and function is almost as good as Middleburn.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA by Philip Mock, on Flickr

Pip
Thank you
I’d never heard of them - I was hoping you’d say as good Middleburn (or even better !) but needless to say they look really cool - design looks very original and not quirky but very nice! Thanks for the catalogue - the brake levers V brakes and to be honest - everything looks tasteful and I’m tempted to go for a pair of their cranks and brake levers (if I can find any) but I’m more interested in people’s experience

King of lightweight, FRM has in the past built the golden Ritchey WCS hubs. Obviously, being so lightweight, the stuff has, occasionally, durability issues, but not more than Tune or Middleburn. Thay made frames and components, and are still active.

Back