Any Zinn fans need a project?

amedias

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Disclaimer for mods

I know this is a little naughty as I haven't listed this in the for sale section as they're at a local charity and the primary goal is to get these into the hands of a Zinn fan and rescued.

If you'd rather this go in the for sale then I apologise and please move the thread, I'll make up a price if necessary.

Any Zinn fans around who want a project?

Have available a couple of what appear to be UK built Zinns in Reynolds 501.

First the white one, there's some OK kit on it, Campag headset, Some mid-range Shimano and Mavic bits etc. It's not in a great way but is salvageable if you're inclined. Would rather it could find a home with a Zinn-o-phile rather than being stripped and junked.

There is also black one which is cracked and has a holed chainstay so is probably a no-hoper unless you really really want to rescue it.

I can get more pics and full specs if anyone is interested but just throwing it out there first to see if anyone is interested, feel free to message me for more info.

Attachments

• IMG_6468.JPG
    IMG_6468.JPG
    949.1 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG_6467.JPG
    IMG_6467.JPG
    528.2 KB · Views: 455
  • IMG_6466.JPG
    IMG_6466.JPG
    488.8 KB · Views: 455
Interested in the white one, is postage an option and how much do they want for it?

Postage would be *possible* but annoyingly awkward at the moment.

They'd be looking for a donation, I'm trying to reconcile in my head what an appropriate amount would be considering the condition, but suffice it to say it wouldn't be loads, please feel free to throw out a random offer or PM me if more appropriate.

Re: Re:

amedias":1eygru69 said:

Ride on?

I'm close to exeter... tempting... but otoh got a ridiculous number of projects happening...

I think it would be helpful if you suggested a price that's fair. I'd have it if it was too cheap to resist but I don't want to make an insulting offer...

Wouldn't describe myself as a Zinnophile... thank god... I'm bad enough as it is :mrgreen:

Re:

I've always fancied a zinn, would have bought the one for sale recently but too small.

Re:

do you happen to have any images of the black one too? seems an awful shame to have them written off.

RBG

ill see if I can take some pics of the black one next time I'm down at the workshop. I'll also take some measurements, was in a hurry last time and just snapped a couple of pics as reminders!

Back