Who's going to be next....

Credit crunchies.....

My two bobs worth......The way I see it is that people who voted for a 'Free market' system where Business & bankers make the rules & people who live beyond their means are the ones to blame for this crisis. Unfortunately It's people like me with a mortgage, who has never had HP,credit cards, bank loans etc who lives within his means, who pays cash, if I don't have the cash I work over time & save until I can afford or goes without, has to pay for peoples wanton consumerism & greed . :x :x

sinnett177":3ti2vssi said:
I must say that Woolworths have had it coming though, their shops are just a disorganised, expensive mess.

thats true to a certain extent, their branches are all different there's no uniformity of the brand, shelves are always empty and the prices while not high, are easily beatable elsewhere...

Re: Credit crunchies.....

Tomahawk kid":1jrowrkw said:
My two bobs worth......The way I see it is that people who voted for a 'Free market' system where Business & bankers make the rules & people who live beyond their means are the ones to blame for this crisis. Unfortunately It's people like me with a mortgage, who has never had HP,credit cards, bank loans etc who lives within his means, who pays cash, if I don't have the cash I work over time & save until I can afford or goes without, has to pay for peoples wanton consumerism & greed . :x :x

hmmm, what if i paid for everything by credit, bank loans etc, BUT i pay off all my interest and payments every month. surly im proping up wanton consumerism and greed by keeping lenders in business?

its all to easy to sit back and say dont buy anything till you can pay for it, that worked maybe 50 years ago, the world is a very differnt place now.

perry":1xs8t2io said:
"the world is a very differnt place now"

yeah and look what mess its in :LOL:

what im trying to say is its not lending that got us into this mess, it was irresponsible lending that led to a lack of funds / confidence for responsible lending that got us here.

to say you dont pay for anything without having the money first is not the answer. theres nothing wrong with getting a loan to pay for something if you can afford the repayments over a reasonable period of time. Our whole economy relies on lending for growth be it personal or business. it didnt in previous generations, but an economist from your grandads era would not be able to do his job today.

hmmm, what if i paid for everything by credit, bank loans etc, BUT i pay off all my interest and payments every month. surly im proping up wanton consumerism and greed by keeping lenders in business?

well yes you are ...BUT you are living within your means. Would you loan someone with no possible means of income &'s unemployed who has defaulted on previous Re payments £10000? Me neither.

Tomahawk kid":1znfep5k said:

well yes you are ...BUT you are living within your means. Would you loan someone with no possible means of income &'s unemployed who has defaulted on previous Re payments £10000? Me neither.

aggh exactly, it seems you agree with my post above yours. :D

aggh exactly, it seems you agree with my post above yours.

The way I see it is it could be like some sort of mental disease within society where consumerism & keeping up with & beating the joneses ie Getting the newest, Freshest & bestest is seen by some as the main motivation in life. you Know it's like People eating deep fried mars bars 'cause your mate does YOU know it's really bad in the long run but you just cant help yourself.

Back