Dave Lloyd Frame Register

On the top Dave Lloyd I can just see the holes for a Portacatena so 1977 at the earliest. Nutted brakes, under BB guides and slim top tube guides for the rear brake cable sort of puts it early 80's. At that time Mike Kowal / Autostrada were quite active at supplying frames to shops to decal as their own. At a competitive price lol

Re:

The later one was made in 1995, the first two digits of the frame number indicate the year of manufacture.

Re: Re:

NeilM":vshwfkh1 said:
The later one was made in 1995, the first two digits of the frame number indicate the year of manufacture.
Thanks! The friend will be happy to know a bit more about his frame!

Re:

Good afternoon

I have just found this page whilst net wandering.
I have a Dave Lloyd that i bought in 1998.
I'll happily post some photos and details if someone would like them.

Stay safe all.

Tony Gibson

Re:

Ohhh, that's a beauty.

Did you buy it new? Or is it an earlier bike that you bought in 1998?

Bought it new from a bike shop in Aberdeen.
Spent about 30 minutes on the phone with Dave (IIRC) discussing what I wanted the bike for and also the colour scheme.
Hasn't been used much for a few years (one duff back and two iffy ankles).
Hoping to give it a try soon.
Let me know if you want any more information.
If you want the frame number, please let me know where to find it.

Re:

If you look underneath the bottom bracket you will find the number, they always start LL, but be warned the LL can look like an upside down 77... mostly because it is. The number may be a little hard to read as Dave did not scrimp on paint.

As the original owner, I am not sure I will be able to tell you anything you don't already know, but if you'd like me to look in the register I am more than happy to do so.

I think it's great that you are planning on riding the bike again, after all, it is 'your' bike..... lucky you.

Thanks

I'm not really looking for more info, i don't know how accurately Dave kept records so i was looking to give you some if you wanted to get a more accurate register.
I've had a quick look and the frame number is LL98 1574.
The tubing is marked Dedacciai Zero Uno.

Latest posts

Back