Retro Guru
These are all good except the slots for the brake pads are cracked

£25 posted

p6pb19157342.jpg

p6pb19157343.jpg

p6pb19157344.jpg

p6pb19157346.jpg

Re:

My old Shimano 600 calipers have steel inserts in these "slots". Using some of these inserts would probably be a good way of strengthening this area up.

I'm sure certain lower end Exage brakes used the inserts, too.

I'm sure this bodge would be doable but some fettling would definitely be required. :D

ok here they are again:

p6pb19158712.jpg

one side is cracked on each set- More of less in the same place, infact as luck would have it if, one good set good be made!:

p6pb19158713.jpg

p6pb19158716.jpg

Re:

From the age of Drillium I have seen brakes with those lower parts cut off to save weight :facepalm: so they should be no problem ;)

Not for those, why risking the life. They have no adjustment barrels either, so for £25 a pair they really should be at least safe. I’m surprised people think these are good to flog on.

Foreigner":23mczsaa said:
Not for those, why risking the life. They have no adjustment barrels either, so for £25 a pair they really should be at least safe. I’m surprised people think these are good to flog on.

I have my Mum's old white stick if you would like to borrow it, the adjusters are in the plastic bag in one of the pictures :facepalm:

It is up to the buyer to decide if they are happy to run them.

Re:

sorry all - the adjusters on these brakes are held in place by the cable being fitted and just pull out if no cable is fitted so rest assured the barrel adjusters are included - in the plastic bag.....

OPS- mea culpa - have seen OP only on my mobile, that x4 pic of same items throw me a bit. For parts maybe, to use I would question anyone why risking it.

Back