Who's going to be next....

I reckon Dixons group
or
The furniture place that sells all those disgusting settees and then says don't pay bugger all for years.

Easy_Rider":2uzr8qqe said:
lucky. Not possible to go any higher as we'll loose work.... that's the nature of manufaturing in the UK. High overheads, little profit :(

for us its all about buying the right quantities at the right time.. for instance Star Wars advent calendars bought yesterday to retail at 69p (rrp £1.99) i would guess the unit cost to us as no more than 20p and by buying a small qty like 2 pallets we can shift all of those in the 5 days left 'til 1st Dec...

i think its a good thining of companys that we dont need , itl be a shame to not have woolworths anymore , its always been there

its was part of going into town

but they havnt offered anything usefull for years , nothing they sell cant be bought from other sources

when the internet has a reliable method to take our money we will slip into almost sole online lives

tv will be pay per show , magazines will have online site subscriptions

id like to think british engineering will make a comeback now it costs more to get things from overseas

I must say that Wolworths have had it coming though, their shops are just a disorganised, expensive mess.

I must say that Woolworths have had it coming though, their shops are just a disorganised, expensive mess.

Harryburgundy":2nqvp77c said:
LeeDevelopment":2nqvp77c said:
I'm bewildered why the press are making Gordon Brown some kind of hero out of this, it was his fault in the first place that he turned a blind eye to the banking industry practises. Now Alistair Darling wants turn the UK into an even bigger version of Argentina with the taxing fiasco - has he not learned any lessons?!

Thats just talking gibberish fella...with all due respect

doubling borrowing to over 100billion is gibberish :shock:
Labour overspent during a boom and now we have nothing to carry us through a downturn. I forgot, Labour had abolished boom and bust :LOL:

The last time the Tories cleaned it up it took so long that people got impatient, then voted for new labour who promptly took credit for it then bolloxed it up

I wonder who it was that closed down all our industry, sold all our assets off and made everyone such greedy bastards with no thought for anyone but themselves

everyone out of work can now join the police , there will be an increased need now there is a widening divide between rich and poor

and we all now what happens when the poor are made poorer :LOL:

Huntso":ewgsijpc said:
The last time the Tories cleaned it up it took so long that people got impatient, then voted for new labour who promptly took credit for it then bolloxed it up

sold all our assets off

gold? gordon brown?

One of the least well-timed investment decisions of this or any age, Gordon Brown’s sale of 395 tonnes of our gold in 17 auctions between July 1999 and March 2002.
The average price achieved in those disposals was $275.6. Gold has since risen in value by 256% – a rate of return which would bring pride to even the cockiest of hedge-fund superstars.
Or to put it another way, 395 tonnes of gold from our official reserves that was sold for $3.5bn would now be worth $12.5bn

And it gets worse. The gold had to be paid for in $USD (a stable and strong currency at that time) then Brown immediately converted the majority of the Dollars to Japanese Yen (and lost 20% on his investment before he reduced the Japanese Yen foreign currency reserve holding to a sensible level) and bought billions of the new Euros currency at great risk and expense to British taxpayers (this being a part of a devious plot to prop up the Euro in it’s early days and accelerate the demise of the Dollar as the world reserve currency).

Back