what do i do if i have been conned ?

stretchb0x":xdsqj0t1 said:
Russell":xdsqj0t1 said:
I won't buy/sell anything on here unless the other bod has at least 50 or so posts on the forum. I'm very wary of people with one or two posts that pop up and say that they're selling some amazing retrobike or want some rare part.

Give them another week and then get medieval on their a**.

I hear you, believe me, and it's probably easier to have a general policy, but a guy's got to get started around here somehow :cool:

Understanding where you come from though, it'd be my policy to get an item into the hands of someone who's been here a while before expecting payment. Just saying...Don't completely cut us new guys out. It's bad enough that this Yank can't find anything like this community a little closer to home.

Having said that, I sold you a chainring when you had less than 5 posts! I would probably have thought twice if I was buying something from you though :)

Glad this is OK now.

Russell":abspdjeu said:
stretchb0x":abspdjeu said:
Russell":abspdjeu said:
Having said that, I sold you a chainring when you had less than 5 posts! I would probably have thought twice if I was buying something from you though :)

Glad this is OK now.

Instead of looking at the transaction as a potential slip-up, just say that your policy goes for everyone under 50 posts who doesn't have the same last name as you.

In all seriousness though, if I find myself in a situation where a buyer is well known, and has been here a while, I have no problem with getting the item in their hands before payment is due.

Ah. I wondered why enquiries from me (and my nephew) (who both have 100% and green stars on ebay but have low posts on this forum) met with a blank. Particularly from one member with a lot of bikes (controversial!).

For the record, I am still waiting for a rim from another member, cheque sent a month ago. No names (yet). There's such a thing as courtesy, at least oop North. (more controversy).

Uncle Buck":nc9kk3ji said:
Ah. I wondered why enquiries from me (and my nephew) (who both have 100% and green stars on ebay but have low posts on this forum) met with a blank. Particularly from one member with a lot of bikes (controversial!).

For the record, I am still waiting for a rim from another member, cheque sent a month ago. No names (yet). There's such a thing as courtesy, at least oop North. (more controversy).

Buck. That's a shame. I'd like to think most people on here are courteous. I'd deal with anybody regardless of how many posts or stars they have. If you have any problems with the rim PM me and I'll see if there's anything I can do.

Ta John. Just pm'd him - you never know....

BTW I've been stiffed on eBay a couple of times, with no clawback whatsoever - gutted.

Back