Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:32 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject: Re: Here we go again!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:02 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Location: Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Jamiedyer wrote:
Wow! That is looking superb mate. Really nice colour choice.
look forward to watching it take shape :)

Jamie

Thanks Jamie. This is a bit of a start stop build. Waiting to collect a match World Tour tyre from my mate. Odd tyres came with bike, but WT is in almost unridden condition.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:11 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Location: Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
dutchie wrote:
Take care the stem is not too far out of the fork tube. Mind the markings. :|

Hi Dutchie thanks for noting the high stem, it was placed that way only as a mock up for the photo as Peachy noted. (I should have mentioned that) I’m waiting for the front brake headset mounted cable guide which is away being rechromed before I finish the headset installation. Well spotted!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:25 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Peachy! wrote:
Ps... I’ll wait to pass judgment on the bottle green mudguards!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Peachy
I personally like the BR Green mudguards. I resprayed the old ones, they were in a very poor condition, it’s a pending decision at the moment my friend has also sourced me some Weinmann chrome shorties which will give me a contrasting look. They would match the Weinmann brakes and levers. Personally I’m thinking of using this bike as a tourer, so full mudguards would be better, I can always spray them again. The rack is period and has been rust treated, resprayed and lacquered However I’ll have to change the ‘double clanger’ crank if used as a tourer, as it definitely won’t get me up the hills.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:03 pm 
BoTM | rBoTM | rider
BoTM | rBoTM | rider

Lackluster wrote:
Peachy! wrote:
Ps... I’ll wait to pass judgment on the bottle green mudguards!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Peachy
I personally like the BR Green mudguards. I resprayed the old ones, they were in a very poor condition, it’s a pending decision at the moment my friend has also sourced me some Weinmann chrome shorties which will give me a contrasting look. They would match the Weinmann brakes and levers. Personally I’m thinking of using this bike as a tourer, so full mudguards would be better, I can always spray them again. The rack is period and has been rust treated, resprayed and lacquered However I’ll have to change the ‘double clanger’ crank if used as a tourer, as it definitely won’t get me up the hills.

I’d like to see the green mudguards on, it’s not a colour combo I would have thought of, but I’m always open to new ideas.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:26 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Peachy! wrote:
Lackluster wrote:
Peachy! wrote:

Hi Peachy

I’d like to see the green mudguards on, it’s not a colour combo I would have thought of, but I’m always open to new ideas.

Your wish is my command. Just a mock up of course, coming back off until I’ve made my final decision.

Attachments:
D34DB81B-B1ED-4C2E-AAFD-D5E8B43012C2.jpeg
D34DB81B-B1ED-4C2E-AAFD-D5E8B43012C2.jpeg [ 107.7 KiB | Viewed 107 times ]
3E165C54-E3DB-400B-8B9B-4C0AE923AA97.jpeg
3E165C54-E3DB-400B-8B9B-4C0AE923AA97.jpeg [ 314 KiB | Viewed 107 times ]