Saddle sore - comfy option needed

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
on a few recent rides I've come to realise my saddle isn't as comfy or as light as I'd like. Its a flite team with the cut out which is supposed to make it comfy but it isn't doing it for me.

On my retro steeds I use 'USE' carbon Pro mostly and seem to get on with them, but I'm after something that suits me and my modern 29er. I'd throw on a use but vanity is preventing me as it doesn't suit the build.

I'm looking for something that hits the sweet spot for comfort, weight and price as funds aren't plentiful, but the build is top spec, so want something in keeping with that.

Anything tick these boxes in your experience?

As far as I'm concerned a Brooks B17 is he pinnacle of comfort, but doesn't look very rad and you don't want to get it soaked.

Re:

Brooks won't suit the build, I'll check charge.

Other options? Build like ti and carbon if the price is right and is comfy.

Saddles are such a personal preference, no two buts are the same, for example i find charge and brooks saddles uncomfortable. Personally when i find a saddle that fits me i tend to move it from bike to bike.

I did have a WTB saddle which suited me but i never liked the look of it, a bit on the bulky side. The saddle i have used for the last few years on countless bikes for longer rides looks very uncomfortable but it fits, cant even remember what it is now, something like a Bontrager i think. I do have flites on most of my bikes but they are mostly for looks and ok for shorter rides but anything long the old faithful goes on :)

Fizik Gobi XM.... my son says it's by far his most comfortable saddle...(not for my wide load though)

Re:

WTB, I had an sst 2k and it really was comfy. Think I might have a modern one but can't recall the model. Will dig it out and see what it is. I should rummage through my saddle collection, must have about 20 not fitted, should probably move a few on as well.

Yeah it's one of those things, depends on the person but also the setup.
I swore by the Vetta SL for years and years, and didn't get on with flights, till I built my Xizanf and just tossed it on to take for a spin, and it has stayed, now I have flites on a lot of bikes and a spare.
So flite (1990 or OG) for me, I have a SLR titanium on the road bike and jsut swapped a Charge Spoon Ti onto my Yeti (as it matchy matched, gotta have matchy on a modernish Yeti apparently)
I also have a syncros titanium thing that came on a Scott, I hate it, but my GF loves it...she runs a SMP weird thing on her road bike, but tried that on her TT bike and its no good...I think we have had the mailman bring a saddle every day for the last 2 weeks as she tries stuff for that TT bike, crazy stuff, but gotta be comfy for those 3-4 hour sessions on the turbo trainer.
Saddles are hard, when you find one that works, use it, doesnt matter if it "suits" or not.

I get on well with the Charge Spoon as do my younger lad, brother and a couple of mates as well.

Back