1998 Kona Lava Dome Resto Mod Project (Caldera P11 Onwards)

Re: The 1998 Kona Lava Dome Resto Mod Project

:) nice.

What size is the seat clamp, i have a gold hope seat collar knocking about somewhere.

Re: Re:

Mortonm":in1fg8wd said:
I like it all!

We have the same cranks now!

I'll be very curious on your stem, I am currently running a 100 and wouldn't mind going shorters

Cheers

Yes theyre damn classy only problem is i find myself looking down at them rather that where im going ha.

Re: Re:

Paul R":wcnu0f6u said:
Mortonm":wcnu0f6u said:
I like it all!

We have the same cranks now!

I'll be very curious on your stem, I am currently running a 100 and wouldn't mind going shorters

Cheers

Yes theyre damn classy only problem is i find myself looking down at them rather that where im going ha.

Hahaha been there!

mk one":2kggnqt7 said:

What size is the seat clamp, i have a gold hope seat collar knocking about somewhere.

Thanks

Interesting im not sure i think its around 30mm

Paul R":3m58haw8 said:
mk one":3m58haw8 said:

Seat post is likely a 27.2mm and the seat tube is likely 28.6 mm

Thanks

Interesting im not sure i think its around 30mm

Great ride today and furthest ive been on Steely Dome so far 36odd miles. Chopped many of the hills i struggled on before as well very pleased. I found the shorter stem much more comforatable i felt like my arms were a bit too locked out before, now they have more of a natural curve so they can cushion the bumps better. See how it goes and if i settle on 80mm i may get a ti stem to match the fork.

Ride pics

obXJet2h.jpg

wYpz0dyh.jpg

AWDMXfDh.jpg

DicXnbDh.jpg

Where did you source your fork from?

I just picked up a 1995 Explosif and i want to go rigid on it, not sure how easy it will be getting a TB P2 in the right size

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paul R":3xslc36p said:
From ebay here https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/J-L-Titanium ... Swd0BV2Urq

if you do buy some i have the 1997 version of the fork decals i have from gil ;)

It looks great. I might end up going that route if I cant source a P2 in the right size. I bet it would drop 2+ lbs over the Z5 bomber

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back