Deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rockshox Judy XC in SL yellow

As far as i know the SL comes with aluminum steerer an Ti hardware :?

Re:

Yes hence me saying that I believe it’s a “SL yellow” XC or maybe SL legs with a XC cartridge.

Never said it was a SL if you read again

Re:

pull them apart and check it is a plastic cartridge, has a skewer for a top cap too.
then it's a 1995 model.
if not then something is wrong with them

for that sort of asking prices I would expect NOS in a box on a platter and definitly SL, do you really mean £200?+ fees+ postage.

Without a look at he insides showing stanchions at the bottom and MCU quality these are very expensive spares or repairs.

in the years of these selling that ~£40 posted usually cheaper
or more if you show all the innards and describe it with a few more knowns.
unless the steerer is Alu and 220mm+

Re: Re:

d8mok":qk9c1uyu said:
Yes hence me saying that I believe it’s a “SL yellow” XC or maybe SL legs with a XC cartridge.

Never said it was a SL if you read again

No need to read again, just pointing out a few other differences between the xc and sl, you did state that you 'thought' they were xc and not sl. As you were :)

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":3d2qm1ws said:
pull them apart and check it is a plastic cartridge, has a skewer for a top cap too.
then it's a 1995 model.
if not then something is wrong with them

for that sort of asking prices I would expect NOS in a box on a platter and definitly SL, do you really mean £200?+ fees+ postage.

Without a look at he insides showing stanchions at the bottom and MCU quality these are very expensive spares or repairs.

in the years of these selling that ~£40 posted usually cheaper
or more if you show all the innards and describe it with a few more knowns.
unless the steerer is Alu and 220mm+

What happened to forum rules about slagging off asking asking prices and people’s for sale advert and suggesting they are scrap.

Tell you what I’ll just go the eBay route as I’ve been doing lately with parts.

Re:

You shouldn't by offering PayPal gift if going by the rules and the rules do not stop commenting.

I was checking it was a real price as it is way to high, price mistakes happen.
They are spares or repairs as you said you don't know the condition, hence saying just tap them open and confirm and check what they are.
Quite normal advice on a dedicated retro forum to help people get the higher price and not have others sold scrap and see the forum as dodgy sales place.

It two Allen bolts and also undoing a simple top cap to show the innards.

Re:

Not that I’ve got to justify myself but I’ll play along

Comments on pricing to be kept to a minimum but as a very frequent member you knew by making your comments that you had soured the sale advert. Don’t agree with my price- move along to something else. Don’t ruin another long standing members sale. If you really thought you was helping maybe a pm or something.

Suggesting they are spares or parts only simply because I don’t know their history. I’ve sold many items on here and eBay and never had a issue and pride myself at 100% feedback. I describe what I see and what I expect myself. I’m not stripping them down before I sell or giving any guarantees on their state. I’m not anywhere near the forks currently anyway. If you don’t like how I’m doing my adverts then simply move along.

You wasn’t being helpful. You started to be but then made comments about what you would expect for my asking price. You were never even a buyer so its irrelevant.

If you can get me a matching pair for £40 I’ll have them. But in reality you can’t nowadays. I’ve sold many many pairs. Actually I’ll have as many sets as you can get me. I’ll await the pm for payment (proper PayPal of course)

Anyway thanks for your help tonight it’s been a pleasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back